The Student Room Group

apply during or after a degree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by itzme
well i am already on a gap year (i took one after my second year because i wanted to go abroad for a few months --- things workd out badly and I had to come back to good old England). So I don't want to take another yar out. I am free now till next September when I will be going back to uni =.

The why ask the question?

You've already answered your question. Get a first preferably so you are scored high in the scoring system for some unis... and do well in UKCAT for the most of the unis..

get interview then ace them-- get offer and fulfil it (the hardest part IMO)
Reply 21
Original post by Nutta!
The why ask the question?

You've already answered your question. Get a first preferably so you are scored high in the scoring system for some unis... and do well in UKCAT for the most of the unis..

get interview then ace them-- get offer and fulfil it (the hardest part IMO)

because though i am on a gap year, i am still enrolled on my degree programme. basically, i will enter my third year of studies next september if all goes well. so i have between now and july/september to prepare for the ukcat, get some work experience etc.
Reply 22
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I think UEA requires you to have your degree already as well (this is for entry into their 5yr course)

I applied (and got an interview) when I was in my final year of my 1st degree to UEA last year. I guess also that you could apply to even Leicester having not graduated if you've taken a gap year and got paid work for that time.
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
I applied (and got an interview) when I was in my final year of my 1st degree to UEA last year. I guess also that you could apply to even Leicester having not graduated if you've taken a gap year and got paid work for that time.

Oh really? Well this year (IIRC from the UEA thread) people doing degrees got rejected for them not being completed. I shall look it up.....

EDIT: Okay, it was to do with Masters: "even though I meet the graduate criteria, as I am currently studying a masters they judged me by the masters criteria which requires a complete masters. Obviously as my studying is in-progress I don't have this."
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending