Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my AS year studying A level English literature, History and ICT. However, I am planning to drop ICT and picking up two other AS leaving me with 2 A levels and 3 AS. If I get A's and B's in my subjects will I be accepted by good universities?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. You could just do ICT A2 you know.

ReputationRep:
    Some might, if you check requirements, but I don't think a top uni would tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree, you probably won't. Come to Australia and they'll take you with 2 A2s and an AS.

ReputationRep:
    Top universities ask for at least 3 a levels so no... and the fact that you're studying ICT... why don't drop ICT and pick up a more academic subject instead?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. Some unis might if they just want ucas points- but i doubt it. Keep on doing all 3 subjects at a-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerimon18)
    Top universities ask for at least 3 a levels so no... and the fact that you're studying ICT... why don't drop ICT and pick up a more academic subject instead?
    If I pick up a more academic subject, meaning I will still end up with 2 A levels and 3 AS.. will it compensate more to having 3 Alevels?

ReputationRep:
    I know KCL accept 2 A-Levels and 3 AS Levels for most subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mz-Nmh)
    If I pick up a more academic subject, meaning I will still end up with 2 A levels and 3 AS.. will it compensate more to having 3 Alevels?
    Yeah probs

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the university. Youll have to contact admissions and find out. Some top 40 universities do accept 2 A/S as the final Alevel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    It depends on the university. Youll have to contact admissions and find out. Some top 40 universities do accept 2 A/S as the final Alevel
    Brilliant Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Liverpool Uni accepts 2 A2s and 2 AS's for Radiography.

I am applying with 2 A2's and 2AS's and all the uni's I am applying to accept it. I just emailed every Uni that does my course to ask if they would consider me if I applied without 3 full A Levels. Leeds and Salford both said they require 3 full A2's but Liverpool Uni accepts the mixture and I personal think Liverpool is better than Salford.

So some "good" uni's accept AS's and A2's you just have to ask and then of course it depends on what you think is a good Uni.

ReputationRep:
    In reality your choices will probably be something like: Bad subject at decent uni or good subject at poorer uni.

they wont accept you. just do ICT, it's a dead easy subject.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly consider trying to do a whole A level in 1 year? I know people who have done this in biology they attended AS biology and A2 biology classes and got an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Possibly consider trying to do a whole A level in 1 year? I know people who have done this in biology they attended AS biology and A2 biology classes and got an A.
    I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringwhatever)
    they wont accept you. just do ICT, it's a dead easy subject.
    I can't continue ICT even if I wanted to as the sixth form I'm moving to doesn't offer it as an A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razzmatazz rach)
    It depends. Liverpool Uni accepts 2 A2s and 2 AS's for Radiography.

I am applying with 2 A2's and 2AS's and all the uni's I am applying to accept it. I just emailed every Uni that does my course to ask if they would consider me if I applied without 3 full A Levels. Leeds and Salford both said they require 3 full A2's but Liverpool Uni accepts the mixture and I personal think Liverpool is better than Salford.

So some "good" uni's accept AS's and A2's you just have to ask and then of course it depends on what you think is a good Uni.

I meant the top 30 universities as in top unis, but thank you

that sucks. i am sorry for you, cos even if people say it's not academical or whatever. i am going to get an A* so i really don't care about that. try to do an A level in one year, that's i think the only solution, because they care more about your A-levels than your As

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: I hope not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.