Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on doing a degree in Psychology at Uni, but have checked most university requirements which state that an A level in science should be taken. In my GCSE's I achieved a Distinction* in BTEC Science diploma, and I am currently doing AS English literature, History & Psychology. Is it possible for me to do A level Biology next year as an AS alongside my current subjects? Or is my BTEC grade not acceptable? And is it still classed as Double science as I got two GCSEs for it? :confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well it all depends really, ask your school or college if your qualifications are acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what your school/college require. In my college, we had to have at least CC in GCSE Double Science in order to do any science a level. :yes: You should be able to, with a distinction tbh (why didn't you do GCSE science?). Why'd you only take 3 AS's anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    It depends on what your school/college require. In my college, we had to have at least CC in GCSE Double Science in order to do any science a level. :yes: You should be able to, with a distinction tbh (why didn't you do GCSE science?). Why'd you only take 3 AS's anyway?
    Thank you, and my head of sixth form advised everyone to do 3 A levels, and pick up an AS next year. But, I'm planning to move for my A2 year. And they put us into our science classes due to our Year 9 SATS grades. However, I do regret not doing GCSE Science, as I would've felt more confident in taking exams.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.