Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview in January and have been looking at how to get to Keele. I will get a train to Stoke-on-Trent, but was wondering what the best way is to get to the university? Does anyone know roughly how much a taxi costs?

I was thinking about getting a taxi there and getting a bus back, but can someone link me to a timetable? I'm not sure if it is still the holidays and how they run etc. Also, are the bus stops just in one place or throughout the campus? I'm terrible at directions and am very likely to get lost if things aren't obvious/signposted - and even then it is a distinct possibility :p:

ReputationRep:
    Taxis are pretty cheap, about £6 or £7 I think.

Bus timetable:
    http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/nort...r=21&source=sp

Buses are every ten minutes but however long it says it will take to Stoke station, always allow at least an hour, more if it's rush hour. A single ticket is only about £1.50 though. Bus stops are all around the edge of campus, near to all the halls of residence and by the Students' Union. This is a ling to a map of campus which has all the bus stops marked on it, so if you know which building you're going to be in you can head for the nearest bus stop to that, as if you happen to be leaving campus just after a lecture's finished, you won't want to be getting on by the union if you want to get a seat!

http://www.esci.keele.ac.uk/kudis/_c...ide_colour.pdf

Anyway, hope that helps, just ask if you have any more questions

Good luck for your interview!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that was so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Easiest way is by bus or taxi.

Weekdays, the 25 bus comes every 10 minutes and there's a stop right near Stoke station! I think it would take 30 minutes on the bus. If you have a student card it costs £1.55 single but not sure how much without.

ReputationRep:
    taxi costs round £6 Ring a taxi called Roosivle: 01782631234 The rest of the firms will charge £12 ish.. The bus never comes dead on every 10 mins.. But it is cheaper and handier for coming back.. Just might mean standing for a while at union or whereever your catching it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.