Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have a AQA GCSE P2 exam in January [real] and i have been told by someone else who is doing the exam that we are NOT given the formulas.

However, i think we are under the old specification, and when look at past papers under that, there are formulas given.

Do you know if we are given the formulas or not?

Thanks
    =]

ReputationRep:
    They are sometimes on the papers, but not always. Best bet is to remember them, that way you know what to do with them even if you are given them.

You will be under the old specification, the first exams in the new spec aren't till Jan 2012.

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said they are sometimes given, sometimes not

ReputationRep:
    The new spec doesn't come into place until next year. The majority of formulas are given if not all of them in the papers i've been doing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyLH)
    The new spec doesn't come into place until next year.
    Not for Year 9s doing a 3yr GCSE course (becoming increasingly common)

My school has already started teaching the new (and still draft) spec to Year 9 students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.