Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing some friends because of him Watch

Ok so me and this guy were in the same circle of friends for about 4 years at uni. After I graduated and moved into my own place I felt quite detached from my friends and the two of us grew really close and flirty. Nothing really happened but all of our mutual friends kept joking that we should go out. The most that happened was him spending a few nights at mine, holding hands etc. We never slept together although we were very touchy feely in bed.

After the summer I pulled another guy on a night out before telling him a few weeks later that we should stay as friends. He never told me he really liked me till a week after that and even though I said I wish he'd said something earlier (I did, things may have been different) I text him later that evening saying we should stay as friends. We hardly saw eachother till christmas when I got really drunk and he told me he still liked me (apparently I said the same thing, dont remember though) and we ended up back at my place and went further than before but the next morning I told him I only want to be friends. He wouldn't listen though and over the next few months kept texting me, kept seeing if things were ever going to happen but didn't. I didn't know what to do but ignore him becaus he never got the message. I told him that over xmas I was just really drunk but he kept thinking I wanted something. I didn't want any of our mutual friends to know what happened but they all know and most of them barely contact me anymore. They're normal to my face but I hardly see them because I think he has been telling everyone and *****ing about me which I think is totally unfair. He claims I led him on, I didn't, he just took things really badly.

What can I do about my other friends? I don't want to start a *****ing war and i'm sick that this has still lingered on for over a year but I feel he's being really unfairly bitter about things and making it hard for us to all hang out like we used to.

ReputationRep:
    Cut the bull ****, you did lead him on.

That's what all *****es do when they have an inklingthat a guy likes them.

Cause they like the 'attention'.
    • TSR Support Team

This is the problem when you go out on the pull, there's always a chance you end up pulling a guy who wants just a bit more.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    This is the problem when you go out on the pull, there's always a chance you end up pulling a guy who wants just a bit more.
    Or an attention seeking girl who thinks the world revolves around her.

This is how you treat a friend of four years? **** me, I'd hate to see what you do to people you actually dislike.

Own up and take responsibility for your actions. If a guy knew a girl really liked him and one night gave it large about how much he liked her back, then slept with her that night before dumping her the next morning he would be an ********. No difference here. "I was drunk" - the refuge of a coward.

The only thing that surprises me is that this guy didn't tell you to **** off earlier. He must've been really loved up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    It's a bit confusing but I think the OP is talking about one person (her friend of a few years at uni) through the whole post except when she pulled some random guy.

i.e. she was friends with a guy, did a load of stuff with him, then pulled a random on a night out and tried to end it with her friend but couldn't/didn't want to.

I dunno

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.