DSA and NHS bursaries

    • Thread Starter

    I have a physical disability and my college said I'll eligible for DSA at university. I'm currently in the process of applying for 2011. However, I am applying for Social Work which receives an NHS bursary. Someone told me I won't be eligible for DSA if I get a bursary. Does anyone know if this is true?

    Thank you.

    Theres some info here:


    Im on a SW course, my friend gets DSA (Or whatever the equivalent is called, Im not sure) and the bursary through the NHS. She gets help with computer equipment, printing costs, that sort of thing etc.

    I'm currently studying Social Work and receiving DSA. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to to claim help from SFE while on your course. Your friend may be confused because there are different types of NHS bursary with the medical based bursaries they have to claim help through the NHS bursary section rather than SFE and i think may be applicable too if you are doing the MA in social work rather than the BA.

    Either way you'll get help from one of them.
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you for the replies. I'm applying for the BA.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 27, 2010
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.