Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

basically, I've been seeing this guy, I knew he was more experienced than me sexually (its not hard) but the more I know about his past the more it puts me off
    here's the comparison:

Me: lost virginity at 15 when I had sex (non consentually) with a guy I'd been with 5 months, happened the once then we split, since then I've had 5-7 one night stands (not sure exactly, had a bit of a problem with drinking for a while) I'm now 19, the majority of those one night stands (the definite ones, i.e the 5) were in my first few weeks of university, I've been in other relationships between the ages of 15 and 19 but they never ended in sex, pretty much kissing+aquickfumble type things

Him: lost virginity at 15-16 with a girl he'd been with maybe a fornight, while in that relationship he was experimentational (shockingly so for a 15 year old girl, she initiated it), split up, was in another relationship wth a girl for a year and a half who he obviously had sex with a lot too, since then he's said he's had 10 (quite possibly more, he cant remember properly) flings who he's had sex with, and an undisclosed number of one night stands...most of them occurring before he was 18, he's spent the last year working on a gap year where he 'didnt have so much time for sex', then one night stand with me during our first week of univeristy, he's 19 as well

he's admitted he has pretty limitted experience with oral sex due to the nature of his flings etc (he'd only given it to his long term ex before me) but that isnt really comforting...
    I just feel very insecure about it given I have so much less experience and what I do have is just one night stands, so I feel like I'm probably just **** in bed
    would you be put off?

ReputationRep:
    if he had STDs BumperBo would be put off
    though technically just having a penis is a turn off for BumperBo
    otherwise that doesn't sound bad, just sounds like he's as awesome at telling girls what they want to hear as BumperBo is

Resist his silver tongue and you got yourself a mang.

ReputationRep:
    I would be put off, but then again, I wouldn't have sex with him in the first two weeks of the relationship

ReputationRep:
    You've got a lot more experience than you make it sound when you say 'he was more experienced than me sexually (its not hard)' - after all, 6-8 people is a fair number. (I'm not trying to insinuate anything here or offend you by the way!).
    So if your worry is just that you're less experienced than him, don't worry.
    If, however, you feel like he's slept with more people than you feel comfortable with, and you don't want to be just another one in a long line, then that's another matter.

So which is it? Are you put off by your feelings of inexperience, or because you think he might just be a player? Because it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    basically, I've been seeing this guy, I knew he was more experienced than me sexually (its not hard) but the more I know about his past the more it puts me off
    here's the comparison:

Me: lost virginity at 15 when I had sex (non consentually) with a guy I'd been with 5 months, happened the once then we split, since then I've had 5-7 one night stands (not sure exactly, had a bit of a problem with drinking for a while) I'm now 19, the majority of those one night stands (the definite ones, i.e the 5) were in my first few weeks of university, I've been in other relationships between the ages of 15 and 19 but they never ended in sex, pretty much kissing+aquickfumble type things

Him: lost virginity at 15-16 with a girl he'd been with maybe a fornight, while in that relationship he was experimentational (shockingly so for a 15 year old girl, she initiated it), split up, was in another relationship wth a girl for a year and a half who he obviously had sex with a lot too, since then he's said he's had 10 (quite possibly more, he cant remember properly) flings who he's had sex with, and an undisclosed number of one night stands...most of them occurring before he was 18, he's spent the last year working on a gap year where he 'didnt have so much time for sex', then one night stand with me during our first week of univeristy, he's 19 as well

he's admitted he has pretty limitted experience with oral sex due to the nature of his flings etc (he'd only given it to his long term ex before me) but that isnt really comforting...
    I just feel very insecure about it given I have so much less experience and what I do have is just one night stands, so I feel like I'm probably just **** in bed
    would you be put off?
    You should definitely be put off.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have plenty of experience, at least there are many people who have pretty much no experience and are with people with lots. Basically I fail to see the issue in your story.

ReputationRep:
    It would be put me off if a guy has had so much sex that he can't even remember how many. It would put me off, but not stop me from being with him.

Times change and people change, it could have just been a phase in his life and he's entitled to have had his fun.

ReputationRep:
    You're both ****s.

Only difference is he has earned my high-5.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.