Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought my gf a ring from h samuel for xmas it was £70. She is just off the phone telling me one of the stones have fallen off!! I never bought the insurance will I still be able to swap it for another? because one day is an absolute joke!

ReputationRep:
    Take it back to them and show them! They'll probably say you did something to it, lol.
    But you're right, it's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Take it back to them and show them! They'll probably say you did something to it, lol.
    But you're right, it's not fair.

I know they will!!!
    I'm just going to kick up a fuss

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Get your receipt, take it back. Is it really that difficult?

ReputationRep:
    H Samuel stuff is cheap and tacky and falls apart. I know this from experience, take it back and demand your money back.

ReputationRep:
    Just take it back with the receipt and explain.

For future reference never shop at Samuels as it's part of Gerald Ratners empire. At a conference once he was asked why his jewellry was so cheap he replied by saying ".....because it is crap...". Any director willing to say that to his own shareholders and customers is a Director of a company you should avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Get your receipt, take it back. Is it really that difficult?
    Well I know that what Im wondering is if they will take it....GAWD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Just take it back with the receipt and explain.

For future reference never shop at Samuels as it's part of Gerald Ratners empire. At a conference once he was asked why his jewellry was so cheap he replied by saying ".....because it is crap...". Any director willing to say that to his own shareholders and customers is a Director of a company you should avoid.
    A mistake I will probably never make again! Especailly if they dont take it back!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    they should take it, i mean it's clearly not fit for purpose

ReputationRep:
    Just give them a ring and ask

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It's faulty, you don't need insurance if it's broken within the 30 day refund policy. Given you have your receipt, you'll get a replacement or refund. I'd personally get a refund and spend it in a much much better shop.

I'll never understand why people shop in high street 'jewellers' - they're the worst.

ReputationRep:
    You'll definitely be able to take it back - your consumer rights state they have to refund your purchase if the goods are not fit for purpose, which they are evidently not. If they give you fuss about it, shout at them, and start talking about the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and threaten to call Trading Standards.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/do-shops-h...my-money-back/

ReputationRep:
    I had the receipt lying in my room and one of little brothers has ripped it up! FML!! Its in 3 pieces! Will they still take it now!!

ReputationRep:
    Also cheers everyone I thought I'd be able to just wanted to consult TSR for peace of mind!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tape it up, should be okay.

Yea they'll take it back. However expect possible long delays and miserable sales assistants!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
      I had the receipt lying in my room and one of little brothers has ripped it up! FML!! Its in 3 pieces! Will they still take it now!!
      It's not really your day, is it?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.