Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In serious need of a guys POV Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is a rather long and complex story but it's driving me nuts so i'l try my best to summarise.

Basically I was in a relationship with a violent guy for 4 and a half years. Besides my family - the only person who knew about the extent of the violence was one of my ex partner's friends who I confided in - I'll call him Steve. Me and Steve began what I could only describe as an emotional affair. We got on really well and had the same sense of humour, we had a lot in common and we really connected - it went on for about a year. One night I told him that I liked him - more than a friend and he said he felt the same but that we could never act on it. We had one drunken kiss and after that he kind of stopped all contact. I was upset but I understood, it was his friend after all, and he feared for my safety.

When I eventually left my violent ex, Steve had a girlfriend. But despite this I recieved a message from one of Steve's friends just saying - 'I know what happened between you too, it's just sod's law that he is now attached. You can't deny that there was a spark there...' Other's told me that he talked about me a lot, he even told his girlfriend about me.

Then...... a week ago I bumped into him on a night out in town. He's now single, we flirted like crazy. We kissed..... but now nothing. My friend even asked him 'What's going on with you two, it's obviously you like each other' And his response was 'It's complicated'. He sent me a message the night we saw each on FB simply saying 'Where did you go?'. I said 'Home...'. Not heard from him since.

He has my number (I don't have his). Have I got it all wrong?? This guy is like the one who got away, I can't get him out of my head now. Totally confused.

ReputationRep:
    Find him. Bang him. Easy.

ReputationRep:
    You should get in touch on FB and see if you can go for a coffee, or something really casual and hope the sparks start to fly again?

Sorry to hear about the violent ex.

ReputationRep:
    He thought you ran off because you went 'home....'

I dunno with a response like that I would assume you weren't really interested. Might have been different if you'd said 'Sorry I went home I was feeling really tired and didn't have a chance to say bye'. Bluntness isn't attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Just meet up in a friendly sort of way, have a chat. If a fair amount of time has passed you can't expect him to be really focused on you, lots of stuff has happened between that kiss and now. You need to get to know each other better again before you'll know if there's anything there.

ReputationRep:
    You want a POV?
    Ok, you bring the video camera, i will bring the yogurt:perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    He thought you ran off because you went 'home....'.
    What actually happened was HE ran off. I saw him walk away with his friend - and not before chatting up some girls outside a club. Hence the response!

ReputationRep:
    You need to shag him and get it over and done with. Too much sexual frustration just by reading your post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannei84)
    What actually happened was HE ran off. I saw him walk away with his friend - and not before chatting up some girls outside a club. Hence the response!
    If you're interested in him just arrange to meet up for a drink or something. This is really basic stuff that you shouldn't need advice for. If he says no then move on. If he says yes then see whether things develop from there.

Being all moody and cold with him because he 'chatted up another girl' just screams to me that you're a bit possessive and childish. Maybe I'm being harsh but you wanted a point of view. As I say if you want him you might have to do a bit of work - it works both ways.

ReputationRep:
    Being arsy won't get you anywhere, yeah he flirted with someone else? So what? He's single isn't he? If you're gna be a total **** then the I wouldn't want to be involved with that regardless of how attractive you are.

ReputationRep:

He has my number (I don't have his)
    But surely you do have his number now, since he texted you and you were able to text him back :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Being arsy won't get you anywhere, yeah he flirted with someone else? So what? He's single isn't he? If you're gna be a total **** then the I wouldn't want to be involved with that regardless of how attractive you are.
    Yeah I agree, I probably was a bit arsey. But what do I do now?? My friends say I should just wait for him to contact me but what if he doesn't, it's been a week already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonasdb)
    But surely you do have his number now, since he texted you and you were able to text him back :confused:
    No the message was via facebook..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Being all moody and cold with him because he 'chatted up another girl' just screams to me that you're a bit possessive and childish. Maybe I'm being harsh but you wanted a point of view. As I say if you want him you might have to do a bit of work - it works both ways.
    I feel like I need to elaborate a little. When we saw each other out he basically tagged along with me and my friends. He was with me for about 2 hours of the night, and I was with him whilst he was flirting with other people. He is single and it is totally not my place to have any problem with it. However, before he left the club we were in - he saw me, he looked right at me then he got hold of his friend and walked away without even saying goodbye. So my response was more to do with him being rude, and him disappearing rather than me.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he friend-zoned you. Keep pushing and you should break the friend zone because this is only a man's friend zone we're on about.

ReputationRep:
    lol POV

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree, I probably was a bit arsey. But what do I do now?? My friends say I should just wait for him to contact me but what if he doesn't, it's been a week already.
    You contact him. You can't wait forever, depends if you think he's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    No the message was via facebook..
    my bad

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.