Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

So suppose you've got in internship, you love what you're doing work-wise but you just don't click within the firm's culture. You have mates in other firms who describe a very different ethos (though the same role) in their firm. What do you do? Has this happened to anyone?

Do you stick it out and go for broke hoping to get an offer at your firm only to plan on leaving in a year or two?
    Do you start going to events with your friends and see if there are any grad vacancies you can apply for at their firms?
    Do you apply for the grad schemes at other firms regardless of whether you get an offer or not?

Cheers in advance.

P.S. Background to this is it happened to me last year but I was lucky enough not to be a penultimate year student and so have a second chance. But, I know others won't be as lucky and I now know that this situation is a real possibility.

ReputationRep:
    yes to all 3 of those. They don't exactly exclude eachother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KLL)
    yes to all 3 of those. They don't exactly exclude eachother.
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    ^ or use your offer with said firm to get an offer at another firm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.