The Student Room Group

Gleacher Shacklock Info (Boutique)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zef99
Jesus ben, I was only thanking somene for actually giving some helpful information. And yes before you ask I do find that kind of information helpful, because I will now know at least to some extent what to expect when I go in for interview. Everyone can learn valuation multiples and scour the ft for news, but it's very hard to get a sense of the culture at a firm as small as Gleacher's when there is not a lot of information online. So I will re-iterate my thanks to the previous poster as that kind of information is precisely the kind of thing I was looking for. Whilst it obviously doesn't answer all my queries it goes a fair way to answering one of them, and for that I am grateful. There is no need to be so petty about it, what difference does it make to you.

Why do humanities students feel the need to waffle like this?
Reply 21
Original post by Zürich

To stop further inanity.
Just remember, dress very well. I made that number 1 for a very good reason.

I fear that you being a student in the English department, this will be an insurmountable challenge.
Reply 23
Original post by President_Ben

I fear that you being a student in the English department, this will be an insurmountable challenge.

Trust me, it won't.

I'm guessing the students at UCL are more accustomed to bowties and elbow patch blazers, than power suits and ferragamo ties?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Shave the beard too :smile:
I discussed this with someone else, some people have a fail two and out rule when it comes to interviews. I think these boys might be two, but could be one.
Original post by zef99
Trust me, it won't.

Most students don't have 3.5k worth of gear for interviews.
Reply 28
Most students don't have 3.5k worth of gear for interviews.

That's not how much style costs.

I discussed this with someone else, some people have a fail two and out rule when it comes to interviews. I think these boys might be two, but could be one.

Handy to know, thank you.
Original post by zef99
That's not how much style costs.

This is FI-nance. FI as in “FIx me a drink, Jeeves.” FI as in “FIlling my wallet with Benjamins.” FI as in “FIckle with my private jets.”
I think 1.5k is enough when you drop the watch requirement.
Reply 31
Superb
Reply 32
Original post by zef99
I've got an interview with Gleacher Shacklock in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew much about them? It's for their summer internship. Any advice on what I should be preparing for in the interview itself would be ace as well. I study english at UCL for reference. Thanks.

well done mate,

did u have a phone interview 1st?

what questions did they ask (style or specific questions)?
Original post by Zürich

You should talk, aren't you an economics student?
Reply 34
Original post by travis 3
well done mate,

did u have a phone interview 1st?

what questions did they ask (style or specific questions)?

I've got an interview coming up, haven't had it yet. And no, I don't have phone interview, just in person.
Original post by zef99
I've got an interview coming up, haven't had it yet. And no, I don't have phone interview, just in person.

My advice to you is; wear a white shirt.
This thread alone, warrants a return to simply say: lol.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
My advice to you is; wear a white shirt.

Be specific. Royal Oxford. Pinpoint Oxford or Herringbone 'ok'.
Reply 38

Economics students are ballers.

hell yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending