Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I see that some banks in London give out offers conditional on "graduating with a minimum grade of 2.1" I have one of these offers, in fact and I have accepted it.

I am actually a masters student, so was wondering on how it would be dealt with. My undergrad university used e CGPA system out of 4 and my GPA was just short of 3.2. When applying I had only mentioned only the degree class (merit) from my undergrad, but I did give my masters grades (which should very easily be equivalent to a 1st, since my CGPA will be in the 3.8-4.0 range)

Is it likely to be a problem for my employer that my undergrad GPA doesn't satisfy all definitions of 2.1 (I know some unis like LSE ask for a GPA of 3.5 for admission to masters programs, whereas others ask for 3.0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlad04)
    I see that some banks in London give out offers conditional on "graduating with a minimum grade of 2.1" I have one of these offers, in fact and I have accepted it.
    Is this typical? I have seen contracts from a handful of banks and I never saw this minimum grade requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Call HR and ask. The offer will be conditional on your undergrad grade (which you already have) so your Masters grade, whatever it turns out to be, will be irrelevant.

(Original post by ElChico)
    Is this typical? I have seen contracts from a handful of banks and I never saw this minimum grade requirement.
    AFAIK, all banks, except GS and BarCap, have this condition on graduate contracts. GS and BarCap just require one to complete their degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    Call HR and ask. The offer will be conditional on your undergrad grade (which you already have) so your Masters grade, whatever it turns out to be, will be irrelevant.

AFAIK, all banks, except GS and BarCap, have this condition on graduate contracts. GS and BarCap just require one to complete their degree.
    I actually did call HR, they said they required a degree equivalent to a UK 2.1 but they had no idea what the equivalent was on a GPA scale. They didn't seem to care much, to be honest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.