Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pins and needles in arm Watch

As the title says I'm experiencing pins and needles in my left arm. The top of my shoulder feels like ive been punched.

I've been experiencing it for a while now, even been to a&e and drs about it with a number of other things and they can't find anything wrong. I've had 6 ECGs, all of which have apparently been fine.

So I'm now trying to think what it may be.

Anyone got any thoughts, would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm perhaps a trapped nerve?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lol read this as pine needles in arm

ReputationRep:
    Probably cancer of some form. If you ask TSR for a diagnosis it usually turns out to be cancer of some form.

Although google informs me that one cause of chronic pins and needles can be radiation poisoning, so maybe it's that?

ReputationRep:
    I get that sometimes. Are you on a laptop for a long period of time? That could be causing it. Try squeezing a stress ball - usually helps me

(Original post by nofuture)
    Hmm perhaps a trapped nerve?
    Yea I thought that as well, and it usually hurts at night. But also thought Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?? :dontknow:

(Original post by mehhhw/e)
    I get that sometimes. Are you on a laptop for a long period of time? That could be causing it. Try squeezing a stress ball - usually helps me
    I dont use my laptop much these days, I mainly use my iPhone. I've been trying to find a stress ball, to see if that'll work. It's such a horrid pain and it's annoying.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You went to a&e for pins and needles? :lolwut: How long you had it?

I had it for ages once after smashing my elbow, doctor just said it was a trapped nerve and it went away on its own. But not before I scared myself loads reading about the fact they sometimes have to do surgery to fix it :afraid:

:p:

(Original post by Aj12)
    Lol read this as pine needles in arm
    Lol I was thinking people may read it like that :tongue:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    You went to a&e for pins and needles? :lolwut: How long you had it?

I had it for ages once after smashing my elbow, doctor just said it was a trapped nerve and it went away on its own. But not before I scared myself loads reading about the fact they sometimes have to do surgery to fix it :afraid:

:p:
    Lol nooo. I've been having other problems for the past 7weeks, and the pins and needles is one of the problems I'm having.
    I was thinking maybe it's trapped nerve and it'll settle on it's own, but it's annoying and at times painful. :-/.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Lol nooo. I've been having other problems for the past 7weeks, and the pins and needles is one of the problems I'm having.
    I was thinking maybe it's trapped nerve and it'll settle on it's own, but it's annoying and at times painful. :-/.
    7 weeks is a long time, mine lasted 5 but was very annoying. An anti-inflammatory drug might help but you probably already tried that.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    7 weeks is a long time, mine lasted 5 but was very annoying. An anti-inflammatory drug might help but you probably already tried that.
    No I've been unwell for 7 weeks with a variety of other things but the pins and needles is one of the symptoms. My Dr told me to take an anti inflammatory and I admit it did settle a Little. But he's since told me to stop taking that and take a gastric tablet, due to other issues that are going on and the pins and needles is driving me insane.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.