Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help guys

I was gonna ask a girl out today but we work together and asking out during the day would make things awkard if she says no, so i wait until the end of the day, but she is always with someone or a group of people, so i miss my chance and this has happened two weeks in a row, i like miss my chance to talk to her alone and ask her face to face. and before people say you chickened out, i dont want to like drag her out of her circle of friends to ask her out:

1. Its obvious
    2.It puts pressure on me as i know everyone would be watching
    3.It puts pressure on the poor girl to say yes as its the sole reason ive pulled her out of her friends
    4.Im not gonna go head first into it so by making conversation with her it looks like im a selfish idiot and have just wanted to talk to her and no-one else.

So what can i do, text or phone? id much rather ask her face to face but seeing as its incredibly hard for me to ask her face to face by the circumstances then what can i do? I want to ask her for a drink nothing to serious too quick, once ive asked her for a drink and everything goes well then i can ask her to lunch etc etc face to face, thats the easy part because we are alone, but i want to get the drink first, but wont i look a bit weak asking over the phone or text.

I want to know :-(

(BTW she knows how i feel, its kinda obvious, and ive told her, how i feel)

i want to ask, but various people have said it doesnt matter, if she likes me it wont matter (via text or phone) others have said ask face to face.

Girls:

If you liked a guy and he asked you via text or over the phone, would you turn him down for that sole reason?

also i want to tell her why i didnt ask her face to face, but i want to tell her, i would ask her face to face but i cant 1.becasue what ive said and 2.we work in totally different areas

bring up thy post lol hehe

bump

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out man

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it by phone, that's so weak.

Just do it during the day. She might not even say no, and if she does, who cares? It won't be as awkward as you being odd because you're looking for opportunities to ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    Man up.

(Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    Don't do it by phone, that's so weak.

Just do it during the day. She might not even say no, and if she does, who cares? It won't be as awkward as you being odd because you're looking for opportunities to ask her out.
    Ok, then its sorted, ask her during the day it is then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    asking out during the day would make things awkard if she says no,

(BTW she knows how i feel, its kinda obvious, and ive told her, how i feel)
    Wait. That makes no sense. You're afraid she'll say no yet she knows how you feel? If you've told her and nothing has happened then isn't it clear what she'll say?

(Original post by HarryA)
    Wait. That makes no sense. You're afraid she'll say no yet she knows how you feel? If you've told her and nothing has happened then isn't it clear what she'll say?
    its a long story - ive asked her out a coupla times both saying yes but due to certain circumstances nothing has happened, yeah so why am i scared she'll say no, lol, ill ask when i next see her again which will deffo b this week, so ill do it then.

ReputationRep:
    ask her via phone.
    If she likes you it doesn't really matter HOW you asked her out, she will just be pleased that you asked her out at all.

(as a side note, its coming up for new years, its not likely she wants to be alone on that date either so your chances of a yes are much higher. ACE!)

(Original post by LuellaRuth)
    ask her via phone.
    If she likes you it doesn't really matter HOW you asked her out, she will just be pleased that you asked her out at all.

(as a side note, its coming up for new years, its not likely she wants to be alone on that date either so your chances of a yes are much higher. ACE!)
    huh please elaborate - you want me to ask her out for new years?

ReputationRep:
    NO! ask her out because you like her and she likes you (hopefully!)

Good luck.

(Original post by LuellaRuth)
    NO! ask her out because you like her and she likes you (hopefully!)

Good luck.
    no, i didnt mean oh its new years ill ask her out haha lol

I meant ask her out to do something on new years, spend it together.

Or

Do you mean ask her out to do something before then, like the cinema or something?

ReputationRep:
    Ask her before and have fun doing whatever,
    OR personally I would go for option B and wait for your first kiss at midnight & meet up on New Years day and do something ace.

(but go with what feels right, she may suggest doing something before then!)

cool,

any other thoughts on what i should do, in like phone her today or wait till i next go into work.

bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bump
    Stop bumping you phuckwad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.