Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since I didn't go shopping today I would like
    to know what good deals everyone else got.

So guys spill spill .. spill tell us the best deal of the day

ReputationRep:
    I found nothing. Was hoping for my local Hollister to have a sale (like they told me they would when I spoke to one of the staff members a few days ago).. but nothing. GAME had a decent sale, but ehh not much I wanted. Checked out HMV and all I wanted from there was an Angry Birds phone case for my new iPhone 4, but it's £15 for a bit of plastic (and it's not even made by Apple!). A simple moulded rectangular shape with a simple design on the back.. not worth it in my opinion. Plus there was no sale on it :< . There was a nice deal for all seasons of American Dad, £35 from £90 I think. The entire collection of 24 episodes was £100 from £300, which is an amazing deal, but not boxing day exclusive.

All in all... nothing I really wanted to spend money on :P . There are some trainers I have my eye on in some Adidas shop near Covent Garden, which were £110 on the 24th, so I'll check back on NYE and hopefully they'll have a sale .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    I found nothing. Was hoping for my local Hollister to have a sale (like they told me they would when I spoke to one of the staff members a few days ago).. but nothing. GAME had a decent sale, but ehh not much I wanted. Checked out HMV and all I wanted from there was an Angry Birds phone case for my new iPhone 4, but it's £15 for a bit of plastic (and it's not even made by Apple!). A simple moulded rectangular shape with a simple design on the back.. not worth it in my opinion. Plus there was no sale on it :< . There was a nice deal for all seasons of American Dad, £35 from £90 I think. The entire collection of 24 episodes was £100 from £300, which is an amazing deal, but not boxing day exclusive.

All in all... nothing I really wanted to spend money on :P . There are some trainers I have my eye on in some Adidas shop near Covent Garden, which were £110 on the 24th, so I'll check back on NYE and hopefully they'll have a sale .
    Ok ..well thats a shame I'm a big fan of Hollister myself ...would have gone shopping unfortunately am broke .. will not get paid for another week ..

ReputationRep:
    Ordered a couple of tops from Dorothy Perkins which I had my eye on before, but they were only reduced to £20 each and an extra 10% student discount.

January clothes sales are overrated IMO, as you can always buy decent, cheap clothes all year round - most places have regular sales. Unless something is reduced drastically (for example from £30 to £5) then Im just not interested. Im not one of these people that gets all excited about the Next sale and gets up at like 4am to queue!!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Boxing Day Bargain 'Thread'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbm)
    Ordered a couple of tops from Dorothy Perkins which I had my eye on before, but they were only reduced to £20 each and an extra 10% student discount.

January clothes sales are overrated IMO, as you can always buy decent, cheap clothes all year round - most places have regular sales. Unless something is reduced drastically (for example from £30 to £5) then Im just not interested. Im not one of these people that gets all excited about the Next sale and gets up at like 4am to queue!!
    i got some half decent bargins on dorothy perkins brought a dressing gown i had my eye on for £12.I have to agree most places have sales all year round its all about the right place right time.

ReputationRep:
    got a nice jumper for £15 that was £40 from river island!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.