Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in high school and will be graduating in 2011 to attend university in september 2011 in the UK
    I am doing IB (International Baccalaureate) and usually good at school. I have decided to major in business and these are my choices:

1. City University (35 points, bsc Business studies)

2. LSE (London school of economics) (37 points, bsc management)

3. Kings College (36 points, bsc business management)

4. Lancaster (34 points, bsc, business studies)

5. Leicester (30 points,ba management studies)

I dont think my teachers like me that much and I dont think they are going to predict up to 37 points. However, I have full confidence that I can achieve upto 37 points but I loose all my self confidence when I hear the fact that unis look at your predicted grades rather than ur real exam grades. I dont think I will be offered a place if everything is based on the predicted grades.

The thing is, I am not saying that I am not good at school, I love all my subjects. But what bugs me is that the teachers base their predicted grades just on their estimate.

ReputationRep:
    You're applying to LSE and you can't use lose/loose correctly. I think you may struggle there, just sayin'.

(Original post by don1231915)
    But what bugs me is that the teachers base their predicted grades just on their estimate.
    What else do they have to base your predicted grades on? Your word?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    You're applying to LSE and you can't use lose/loose correctly. I think you may struggle there, just sayin'.

What else do they have to base your predicted grades on? Your word?
    Leave her alone you meretricious bigot, she's an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesbionic)
    Zomg you owned that *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesbionic)
    So? I doubt that has anything to do with it whatsoever, but even so they don't have a hope in hell if their grammar and spelling is this bad. You don't get some kind of special consideration 'just because you're an international student' if you aren't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don1231915)
    I am in high school and will be graduating in 2011 to attend university in september 2011 in the UK
    I am doing IB (International Baccalaureate) and usually good at school. I have decided to major in business and these are my choices:

1. City University (35 points, bsc Business studies)

2. LSE (London school of economics) (37 points, bsc management)

3. Kings College (36 points, bsc business management)

4. Lancaster (34 points, bsc, business studies)

5. Leicester (30 points,ba management studies)

I dont think my teachers like me that much and I dont think they are going to predict up to 37 points. However, I have full confidence that I can achieve upto 37 points but I loose all my self confidence when I hear the fact that unis look at your predicted grades rather than ur real exam grades. I dont think I will be offered a place if everything is based on the predicted grades.

The thing is, I am not saying that I am not good at school, I love all my subjects. But what bugs me is that the teachers base their predicted grades just on their estimate.

I think that for LSE you are going to have to be given a prediction minimum of 37 points so get bugging your teachers. Their management course is ridiculously competitive so it is highly likely that they would reject you with anything lower.

ReputationRep:
    What about Imperial and Warwick?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.