The Student Room Group

Why do I constantly feel like something is missing in life?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone asks themselves this question from time to time, but you've just got to deal with it and hold onto what you have in life.
Think about it this way if you have already fulfilled everything in life and want nothing more then you've got nothing more to discover. Feel lucky you get to search for that missing thing in your life. Who knows maybe it'll reveal itself to you at a later time.:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous

I'm really lost tbh. Can the lovely people of TSR help me see what I may not be seeing in life? Tell me why I am not satisfied/fulfilled sometimes? :confused:

Before you judge me, I am a really nice, down to earth, non-bitchy girl who just works hard for the things I want in life and will continue to do so.

Thanks for any help :smile:

Quarter life crisis.
Anon or delete please.

Basically, I have grown in a comfortable life where I have had pretty much anything I wanted (Partially on my own merit too). I actually would not trade my life with any other. I am good at what I do, good grades, not bad looking, nice bf, and I actually do not doubt my future. However, I constantly feel that there is something missing in life and this is what makes me not entirely happy?

I do appreciate what I have and feel that I am lucky. People have told me they admire me for whatever reason and remind me that I am lucky.

I have been told that life is simple, work hard, get married, have kids, but then what? Why do I feel that this is not enough? In my mind when somebody mentions this is the meaning of life, I think to myself, 'Really?' 'Is that it?' 'Oh my'. Somehow it doesn't fulfil me. What I am trying to understand is why I feel this way? Is it because I have had too much, too young, that things have no meaning anymore? Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate everything in my life...It's just that they do not fulfil me.

For example, I always thought I would like to own a designer bag in the future from working hard, but despite continuing to work hard, I no longer want one. I just think they are materialistic crap charged at a premium price and according to the brand. I guess some people need a brand to define them maybe? Coinciding with this problem is why am I not satisfied, but for some people they would go to such lengths such as fancying a man for his wallet to get one of these bags?

I'm really lost tbh. Can the lovely people of TSR help me see what I may not be seeing in life? Tell me why I am not satisfied/fulfilled sometimes? :confused:

Before you judge me, I am a really nice, down to earth, non-bitchy girl who just works hard for the things I want in life and will continue to do so.

Thanks for any help :smile:

You're missing philosophy. I mean it - you're thinking about your life and questioning everything, but you don't know how to get the answers. Maybe it's time to try to find them. How you feel is exactly how I felt till philosophy hit me square in the nose, and now I'm going off to do it at University even though before I had never studied or thought about it in my life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
I already do. It makes me feel better to help others because I have already had a privileged life. I honestly do enjoy doing it and have a heart. I feel for those in bad causes.

In that case, good for you. I am pleased to hear there are some gracious people on this forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending