Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I will be 24 in September and Im a bit worried about how many other mature students there will be, mainly because the uni is so isolated!! Any ideas? Or will it be just me?
    Thanks Ally
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    My mum is a student at Keele and she is in her 40s. There's plenty of mature students don't worry. 24 isn't that mature anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I only knew of a few on my course, and friends of friends, but you're bound to find like minded people of any age through your course, joining societies etc

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    There's quite a few, i'm 26 and getting on fine! x x

ReputationRep:
    I started at 20 and live with all 18 year olds, we all get on fine even though they call me gramps but end of the day im the one getting laid due to experience and they are going home alone. Maturity WINS. Plus you tend to get on more with the important people like the 3rd year/phd students who have all the good info.

ReputationRep:
    look your course up on unisats and it will tell you the % of mature students who just graduated.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm 30, and will be 31 when I start.:eek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John P)
    Hi

I'm 30, and will be 31 when I start.:eek
    What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying History and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and have quite a few friends the same age or older. I have just completed the Health Foundation Year and will be starting Pharmacy in September. What course will you be doing flowerpower99?

ReputationRep:
    I will be 23 when we start in Sept - not far off being 24 though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21, and I lived with 18 year olds in my first year, they drove me mad! But you'll definitely find like-minded people, in my lectures I would say that quite a few of us are mature students.

ReputationRep:
    So how are us 'matures' getting on then with the kids? Received the nickname "Pops" on the first day but so far getting on fine with the youngsters.

ReputationRep:
    I have just turned 22 and I had no idea until I arrived, the massive difference in maturity those four years bring. Getting on quite well, however I didn’t feel like a “Mature” Student before I arrived.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should start a young "mature" Keelites club.. lol. KPA is a good place to meet other mature students. x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adelepops)
    I think we should start a young "mature" Keelites club.. lol. KPA is a good place to meet other mature students. x x
    I am up for the formation of a "young" society haha. Is KPA the post-grad bar there near Horwood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumandraisin)
    I am up for the formation of a "young" society haha. Is KPA the post-grad bar there near Horwood?
    Yes that's it. I always thought that was just for Postgraduates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RB89)
    Yes that's it. I always thought that was just for Postgraduates.
    My friend today said you just have to be over 21. Might take a wander down there sometime this week or on the weekend

ReputationRep:
    I used to go there quite a bit last year, and intend to when I get back from study abroad! It is over 21's only. Apparantly really good food there, I though I have yet to try it! Someone should start a fb page for our "young" mature club. Maybe we can arrange get togethers at the KPA? x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.