Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have two AQA Biology exams in January. One is an AS unit 2 resit and the other is an A2 Unit 4 exam. I’m aiming for a C grade in both. I have both the GCP revision guides and the Nelson Thornes textbooks. So far I’ve managed to do quite a bit of revision for unit 2 but hardly any for unit 4.I’ve been making notes from the revision guides and attempting past papers, but I find this takes way too long. Could anybody suggest a revision method that is more efficient and less time consuming? Also is it necessary to use both the textbook and revision guide for my notes? Because I prefer the revision guide over the textbook. I don’t really want to use a combination of the two because it gets confusing. I would just read through the books because that'd be a lot quicker, but I'm concerned that I won't learn as much that way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

SJD93

ReputationRep:
    Mind maps are pretty quick.. or you could try typing your notes, if you're a fast typer? Other than that, I think notes are the best way to go xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJD93)
    Hi everyone,

I have two AQA Biology exams in January. One is an AS unit 2 resit and the other is an A2 Unit 4 exam. I’m aiming for a C grade in both. I have both the GCP revision guides and the Nelson Thornes textbooks. So far I’ve managed to do quite a bit of revision for unit 2 but hardly any for unit 4.I’ve been making notes from the revision guides and attempting past papers, but I find this takes way too long. Could anybody suggest a revision method that is more efficient and less time consuming? Also is it necessary to use both the textbook and revision guide for my notes? Because I prefer the revision guide over the textbook. I don’t really want to use a combination of the two because it gets confusing. I would just read through the books because that'd be a lot quicker, but I'm concerned that I won't learn as much that way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

SJD93
    I'm retaking unit 2 and doing unit 4 aswell but the revision guide may miss out some information and i know the textbook is really long to look at but i would use the revision guide and if theres anything i dont understand read it in the textbook otherwise just do past paper questions

ReputationRep:
    For Biology they can only ask you the same question but in a different way. If you memorise the question and answers from past papers 2008-2010 (just keep looking at them). If you only want a C then just read the CGP book.

ReputationRep:
    I made notes from the AQA textbook and just read them - seemed to work for me

ReputationRep:
    Seriously thanks a lot guys, I'll take your advice into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    For Biology they can only ask you the same question but in a different way. If you memorise the question and answers from past papers 2008-2010 (just keep looking at them). If you only want a C then just read the CGP book.
    Is it possible to learn a lot through just reading the textbook or revision for example without doing tons of notes?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJD93)
    Is it possible to learn a lot through just reading the textbook or revision for example without doing tons of notes?

Cheers.
    Sorry for the late reply, yes ofcourse its possible, if your a quick learner you dont need to do notes but just read (for biology), its the same with me im a very quick learner but i forget most of the stuff so i just keep reading till it stays in my head

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.