Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Training Goals 2011 Watch

I said:
    Squat - Over 200kg
    Deadlift -227.5
    Bench - 140

Hopefully get at least those by April - May time
    I got the squat, 205kg - would have been more but injury got the better of me for a few months
    I unofficially got the deadlift, I would have been able to pull it but didn't. So I suppose I didn't actually get it, but I know I would have, if that makes sense lol
    Didn't get the bench

My bench hasn't really progressed much at all, need to sort that out.

Squat I'm happy with, I reckon I could have been around 220-230 raw right now if it wasn't for last summer

Deadlift im not bothered about at the moment so couldn't care

Goals for 2011

I'm going to concentrate more on physique than strength this time round. I'm going to still get as strong as possible, but also add in other exercises, and incorporate a lot more cardio.

I want to be around 110kg lean

Squat over 220, bench over 140

Probably enter 1 or 2 powerlifting comps for a laugh too

ReputationRep:
    Very good idea Commandant...

My aims for 2010 were:
    Squat: 170kg
    Bench: 130kg
    Deadlift: 240kg

My PB's this year are:
    Squat: 150kg
    Bench: 115kg
    Deadlift: 215kg

So, I didn't quite reach my goals, but I'm pretty pleased with my progress this year.

At the end of the day, I lift to improve my rugby, and must have done something right as on tour in summer we won 3 of 3 games, and from september my uni team are 7 wins from 7 games.

----------------------------------

Goals for 2011:

Bench (PB 115 x 1) -> 140 x 1
    Squat (PB 150 x 1) -> 180 x 1
    Deadlift (PB 215 x 1) -> 250 x 1

Press would like to get BW, so 95ish. Clean 120kg maybe? But i don't clean often.

Same as Commandant, as in im definitely going to concentrate on physique more, cos I am a rugby player, theres no point in me getting strong if im gonna be fat and cant use my strength around the field. So first things first going to lose a few KG's and maintain strength, then onto a strength phase.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very good idea, can we add to this thread for 2011 or is somebody creating a new thread.

My aims for 2011 are...

Lose 78lb (from my current weight of 273lb to 195lb.)
    Drop to less than 15% body fat (not sure of my current percentage).
    Lift over 200lb (currently 105lb).
    Run 10k in under 1 hour (cannot currently run 10k).

ReputationRep:
    I think it's easier to just have a separate thread.

What are you training goals for the coming year? Hit a certain weight? Lift a certain amount? Lose some weight?

Post here and update through the year so we can all have a laugh about how much we massively fail again.

ReputationRep:
    Change calf thigh ratio!!!! And build a Soleus muscle :sad:

I've been trying for 9 months, training daily. No real improvement. The first 4 months there was a slight change in calf shape and an even tinier change in size. After that it did nothing but get squarer and harder and higher up despite me increasing weights and doing twice as many reps.

This year i'm going to combine it with diet. Lose the thighs, that way even if i can't get bigger calves, i'll pose the illusion of big ones through having smaller thighs.

Wish me luck! X

ReputationRep:
    Currently 78.5 kg, wanna get to 90 kg (won't happen but whatever)

My current lifts are;

Squat 3 x 8 - 75 kg

Deadlift 3 x 6 - 110 kg

Bench 3 x 8 - 55 kg

Press 3 x 10 - 35 kg

I wanna double all those figures for my one rep max

ReputationRep:
    Bench: 140kg x 5
    Squat: 200kg x 5
    Deadlift: 240kg x 5

Probs be happy with that as a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    2010 was a bit of a write off as far as attaining my targets as i didn't really train during the summer months. Still managed to increase my deadlift by 20-30kgish, squat up by a lot. Shoulder seems sorted now. 2011 will be a big year i think.

Squat - 320kg+
    Bench - 130kg+
    Deadlift - 340kg+

I'll consider dropping to the 82's for the next qualifier.

2010 goal was basically to start lifting.

Current lifts are:

Squat 57.5kg
      Bench 37.5kg
      OHP 30kg
      Deadlift 90kg

so goals for 2011 are:
      Squat 80kg
      Bench 55kg
      OHP 45kg
      Deadlift 115kg
      Pull ups 1x5 bw

I don't know if they are too optimistic? I'd also like to set a target/ideal weight but I don't know what's 'ideal'.

ReputationRep:
      My Current is about

Bench 40Kg
      Squat 40Kg
      DLift 60kg
      Press 30kg
      Chin ups BW *5

Going to start starting strength when i go back to uni and not worked out what it SHOULD get me but my aim by summer is to get 60 bench with squat about 80 and Deadlift about 100..

Also, am 60kg right now so looking to get up to about 75 and then cut back down to about 70 and then be the same BF% as now but with more muscle... That's the theory anyway...

End of year goals:

Bench 75kg(will be difficult but that's half the fun)
      Squat 100kg
      Deadlift 120kg
      OHP 50Kg
      Chin ups BW *10

ReputationRep:
      I wasn't a regular here this time last year, and had just started lifting properly. I don't think I actually set any goals, maybe I did but cant remember. My stats were probably somewhere around:

Squat (smith machine) ~ 85kg
      Bench ~90kg
      Deadlift 80kg x 5

I learnt a lot over the year though and a I was originally doing a lot of things incorrectly. (Squatting on smith machine, benching with glutes off bench etc.)

Current stats

Squat 160kg
      Bench 140kg
      Deadlift 230kg

Goals for end of 2011

Squat 227.5kg
      Bench 182.5kg
      Deadlift 272.5kg

ReputationRep:
      Current bests for stuff:
      Squat-102.5kg*3*5
      Deadlift-175kg*1 I think, maybe 155*5
      OHP-50*3*5 iirc
      Bench...I forget, pretty rubbish!

General goals:
      Find a gym with a squat rack, rather than using two benches, then:
      Squats-150kg*1 would be nice, and easily achievable I think.
      Said this one last year, same again-200k deadlift
      OHP-Say 65 for reps, 70 for a single.
      Bench..would be nice to bodyweight.

Bodyweight wise, am abuot 85-6kg atm I think(and much leaner than last year). Would be nice to make 90kg odd, and be a bit leaner. Will see how all that goes!

ReputationRep:
      ok, here's me for next year:

keep running, run the BUPA 10k in May in <43mins, run Nottingham marathon in September <3:40hr, all the time not dropping below 140lb.

Then, hit the gym, hit 155lb, add an inch to the arms (stupid I know, but after 3 years of rowing at uni I think my upper body deserves some attention). Would be nice to be able to push 100kg on the smith machine again as well.

ReputationRep:
      meh dont care for mods, should become rather apparent who this is. Got permabanned for some unknown reason

Current:
      Bench: 203kg
      Squat: 306kg
      Dead: 300kg

Goals:
      Bench: 230kg
      Squat: 340kg
      Dead: 330-350kg

pretty much thinking of giving up bodybuilding and switching to strongman but gonna see how the birmingham expo goes. Down to 308lbs from 335lbs. Should see 280lbs by late february.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Herr Stamper)
      2010 was a bit of a write off as far as attaining my targets as i didn't really train during the summer months. Still managed to increase my deadlift by 20-30kgish, squat up by a lot. Shoulder seems sorted now. 2011 will be a big year i think.

Squat - 320kg+
      Bench - 130kg+
      Deadlift - 340kg+

I'll consider dropping to the 82's for the next qualifier.
      what are your currents?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Justin Hammer)
      what are your currents?
      Wait, let me guess for you:

Squat 270kg equipped
      Bench 100kg
      Deadlift 310kg raw

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Justin Hammer)
      meh dont care for mods, should become rather apparent who this is. Got permabanned for some unknown reason

Current:
      Bench: 203kg
      Squat: 306kg
      Dead: 300kg

Goals:
      Bench: 230kg
      Squat: 340kg
      Dead: 330-350kg

pretty much thinking of giving up bodybuilding and switching to strongman but gonna see how the birmingham expo goes. Down to 308lbs from 335lbs. Should see 280lbs by late february.
      Do it brah!

ReputationRep:
      To actually start training.

ReputationRep:
      Didn't have any goals for 2010 as I only started training in Sept. I guess they were to develop my technique for my compound lifts, which I feel I have done - I am now confident enough to train bench, squats and deads alone.

My current best is:

Bench: 40kg x 2 reps
      Deadlifts: 80kg x 3 reps (3 sets)
      Squats: 50kg x 2 reps
      Strict Press: 21.5kg x 3 reps (3 sets)

Goals for 2011

AT LEAST
      Bench: 1 x 50kg at some point. Just want to slap those yellow 15kg discs on :p:
      Deads: 1 x 110kg
      Squats: 1 x 70kg
      Strict Press: 1 x 30kg

I also want to lose some fat. Currently weigh 78kg, would like to get that down to 68kg and hopefully that will give me a bit of definition.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MHorman)
      Bench 75kg(will be difficult but that's half the fun)
      Squat 100kg
      Deadlift 120kg
      OHP 50Kg
      Chin ups BW *10
      I'm a newbie as well so I'll pick these as well! They seem realistic, though I really have no idea atm. I have done 13 chins so that can be crossed off.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.