Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a sony ericsson w595 and thinking of upgrading. I thought about the bb torch because alot of people i know have a bb and the bbm feature seemed attractive, but i hate the look of it and its massive.

So im now thinking of getting either the iphone 3gs or 4. I plan on buying it on pay as you go. Ive never been a fan of contract phones and i know alot of people who have had trouble with their contracts and now regret getting a contract phone.

So yeah which one should i get?.
    Both will be 16GB btw. And yeah i know the price of both if i plan on buying it, so please dont include the price when comenting. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Clearly the iPhone 4 if price isn't an issue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Clearly the iPhone 4 if price isn't an issue!
    I know its apparently the 'better' version since its new, but i know people who have upgraded from the 3gs to the 4 and they say they regret it. So im kinda stuck

ReputationRep:
    maybe wait for the I5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    I know its apparently the 'better' version since its new, but i know people who have upgraded from the 3gs to the 4 and they say they regret it. So im kinda stuck
    Why would they regret it, it's better in every single way! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omg!Rly?)
    maybe wait for the I5?
    I heard thats just a rumour. I even checked the apple site and never saw anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Why would they regret it, it's better in every single way! :lolwut:
    Apparently it isnt as fast as the 3gs. Same with the internet :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i have the 3GS, pretty good. worth getting it, and you might just pay more for the 4 but its almost the same

ReputationRep:
    What? Load of rubbish. Its faster than the 3GS.
    Anyone who gets the 3GS instead of the iPhone 4 is an idiot (unless its because of price).
    As for the iPhone 5, you'll be waiting till June.

ReputationRep:
    A few websites that might help you make up your mind:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3347...-vs-iphone-3gs

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/830481-i...h-should-i-buy

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...one-3gs-694994

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely faster than the 3GS. It's got a better processor and more RAM.

ReputationRep:
    bb torch over iphone

bb torch is lush.

ReputationRep:
    I heard thats just a rumour. I even checked the apple site and never saw anything
    How cute!

And if price is no issue then go for the iPhone 4, as for anyone who says the 3GS is faster - epic lol!

ReputationRep:
    Iphone 4 hands down.

In comparison to the 3gs, well, its far more advanced in terms of the camera as it has a flash and its 5 megapixels, its display is a lot better too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    What? Load of rubbish. Its faster than the 3GS.
    Anyone who gets the 3GS instead of the iPhone 4 is an idiot (unless its because of price).
    As for the iPhone 5, you'll be waiting till June.
    Crazy negros must be gassing then.
    Prolly didnt want everybody gettig the same phone as them. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i know nobody that regrets it.

iphone 4 is considerable better. not to mention that the 3gs is a relatively old piece of tech now, in a couple of years it'll be absolutely ancient!

my advice is either wait another 5 or 6 months and get the new iphone when it comes out.
    or get an android phone that has come out in the last couple of months.
    but thats partly because i hate having old tech, especially when it comes to phones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i know nobody that regrets it.

iphone 4 is considerable better. not to mention that the 3gs is a relatively old piece of tech now, in a couple of years it'll be absolutely ancient!

my advice is either wait another 5 or 6 months and get the new iphone when it comes out.
    or get an android phone that has come out in the last couple of months.
    but thats partly because i hate having old tech, especially when it comes to phones.
    Thats the things. Thats why i cannot have my current phone and wait for the iphone5.
    Folks saying my current phone should be in a museum and what not :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the links. Skimmed read them and it seems like the two phones are very simila, apart from the design, battey life and camera

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the links. Skimmed read them and it seems like the two phones are very simila, apart from the design, battey life and camera
    and the screen (after using an iphone 4, a 3gs and most other phones just look terrible in comparison)

ReputationRep:
    Iphone 4 I have the 4 and my boyfriend has the 3GS.

The Iphone 4 screen is so much better than the 3GS, and its quicker, more apps developed for it etc. I think you'd regret it if you got the 3GS over the 4.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.