Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any courses which offer Law LLB with either Economics/Accounting/Business/Finance etc. I've found a few but they're either a BA or at a not very good uni.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleOx)
    Does anyone know of any courses which offer Law LLB with either Economics/Accounting/Business/Finance etc. I've found a few but they're either a BA or at a not very good uni.
    Thanks
    Define 'good'.

ReputationRep:
    try Essex uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Define 'good'.
    Erm, top 20?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, top 20?
    By what standard? There isn't a univerally defined list...

How do you feel about Bangor, Hull and Northumbria?

ReputationRep:
    Some decent ones offer Law & Crim.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    It doesn't matter whether they are labelled 'BA' or 'LLB' - the only thing that matters is if you manage to do the 7 core modules that add up to a Qualifying Law Degree; which I'm sure you can do at any university offering a Law degree.

That being said though, I would strongly suggest you don't do a joint Law/Something degree - unless it's a language or something. But that all depends on where you are aiming with your Law degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    By what standard? There isn't a univerally defined list...

How do you feel about Bangor, Hull and Northumbria?
    A uni preferably better than those. I was thinking more along the lines of Warwick, UCL, LSE, Durham, Kings...

ReputationRep:
    A uni preferably better than those. I was thinking more along the lines of Warwick, UCL, LSE, Durham, Kings...
    Unless you want to go to Scotland to study law, which I believe can cause problems if you want to be a lawyer in England, these are the only ones I could find that are of decent reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for you help.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks for you help.
    Dundee offers Scots and English law for LLB

Smaller fees...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.