Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With a black tie? I'm not sure whether or not it looks like I'm going to a funeral or what, it's just a basic suit. I think I'll buy a red shirt and rock a black tie, and maybe a light blue shirt...

Some good recommednations for what shirt colour + tie colour to wear with black suit

ReputationRep:
    A black suit with a red shirt looks horribly immature IMO. Looks like youre a human valentines present.

Depending on the occasion, i think black suit with a decent quality white shirt always works well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    A black suit with a red shirt looks horribly immature IMO. Looks like youre a human valentines present.

Depending on the occasion, i think black suit with a decent quality white shirt always works well.
    It's just everyday work suit, so I'm looking to mix and match some coloured shirts + coloured tie...?

ReputationRep:
    Black suits should be confined to weddings and funerals imo.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you had the choice id have gone with a grey suit, white shirt and coloured tie.

However with a black one... go for white shirt, different coloured tie so it looks less funeralyish? ... Maybe try a stripey blue tie? Or stripey purple tie.

*Dont wear stripey ties and stripey shirts togeather.. one or the other im afraid!*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.