Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who goes there/ used to go there/ has visited a lot tell me anything about it?
    I'm strongly considering putting it as my back-up and would like a little more info than the prospectus and things like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Anybody who goes there/ used to go there/ has visited a lot tell me anything about it?
    I'm strongly considering putting it as my back-up and would like a little more info than the prospectus and things like that.
    What course are you applying for?

With regards to the location, Liverpool is a fantastic place to be, lots of things to do in the city centre, University of Liverpool is quite respected and is the best university in the city. (Hope and John Moores being the other two). I enjoy living in Liverpool but I'm not a student so I don't live in halls or anything but I would definitely recommend going to one of the open days.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of the University, the guild (our student union), isn't anything special, but the University itself has a nice vibe to it, everyone is friendly and most lecturers have an open door policy (what I found anyway), plus it's recently had a lot of investment on the science faculties and medical school.

The city itself is good for students. For one it's cheap, my rent last year was £65pw including all utilities, and that was for the middle of Smithdown Rd (one of the main student areas, the other being Kenny). Plus, there's plenty of you there, so there's plenty of clubs with student deals on during the week (eg a pint at the Razz on Monday-Thursday is 70p).

Plus, it says something about the place that I'm planning on moving back there in the New Year (and work on the other side of the water)

ReputationRep:
    I live in Liverpool and am probably putting it as my first choice for Law in 2011
    The city is great, there's a ridiculous amount of things to do (many parks, restaurants, the new L1 shopping area, many cinemas etc)
    I've also found that the people (in general) are very friendly in comparison to other cities further south.
    In terms of the actual University, from friends that go there already it seems like there is a lot going on and if you don't fancy going into halls, from looking at rent on smithdown/kensington it really is very cheap!
    Good place to go I think
    What are you putting as your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    What course are you thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    Nightlife - 9/10.

That's all you need to know

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics, Liverpool want ABB, and Birmingham is my first choice (wanting AAA)

Thanks for any info/ help
    No problem, good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.