Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone out there done a ouija board?

What was it like? Did it work?
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, me and a group of friends did one in class. A gust of wind instantly picked up and all the paper, rulers, books and pens started flying around in the room. The teacher was going mad, until a flying globe smacked him round the face.

It left some of the class in shock and I would never do it again.
phreek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Yeah, me and a group of friends did one in class. A gust of wind instantly picked up and all the paper, rulers, books and pens started flying around in the room. The teacher was going mad, until a flying globe smacked him round the face.

It left some of the class in shock and I would never do it again.
Im doubting the truth of that somewhat.

Anyhow I think ill try it.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by phreek)
Im doubting the truth of that somewhat.

Anyhow I think ill try it.
you know its illegal yeah?
phreek
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
you know its illegal yeah?
I thought it was in america. Yea but so is downloading warez...
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you do an Ouija Board, you run the risk of releasing a spirit from another dimension. In which case, you could end up with a haunted house. They REALLY can leave people traumatised. :rolleyes:
phreek
Rep:
?
If you do an Ouija Board, you run the risk of releasing a spirit from another dimension. In which case, you could end up with a haunted house. They REALLY can leave people traumatised.
So you believe in spirits etc?
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nah, I'm not religious in any way, but I have had warnings from so many people about what they do.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Huh? They sell them in the game department at stores here.
phreek
Rep:
?
I'm not religious in anyway, but I've had warnings from so many people about what Ouija boards do.
What are their warnings based on? Experience or hearsay?
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A teacher told me once how he did one with his uni mates. They sat in a circle (linking arms), with the glass, coin, and traditional ouija stuff. After a few minutes or so, the glass started to rattle and everyone thought someone was messing about. Then, the lights flickered and eventually went out. By this stage, they were ****ting themselves, broke the link and decided to go home. As they were leaving, a clock (or something) just fell off the wall by itself.

It really is spooky stuff. :rolleyes:
phreek
Rep:
?
A teacher told me once how he did one with his uni mates. They sat in a circle (linking arms), with the glass, coin, and traditional ouija stuff. After a few minutes or so, the glass started to rattle and everyone thought someone was messing about. Then, the lights flickered and eventually went out. By this stage, they were ****ting themselves, broke the link and decided to go home. As they were leaving, a clock (or something) just fell off the wall by itself.

It really is spooky stuff. :rolleyes:
If their arms were linked, how did they hav their fingas on the glass, were they just rele close together?

Im getting bored of the cheap dangerous thrills, jumping off stuff, playin in traffic, messing with fuse boxes etc. Fort something supernatural would be fun.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If their arms were linked, how did they hav their fingas on the glass, were they just rele close together?

Im getting bored of the cheap dangerous thrills, jumping off stuff, playin in traffic, messing with fuse boxes etc. Fort something supernatural would be fun.
Yeah, I suppose they did. Try it though, it might be fun.

If I ever did one, it would be in a sunny field, with lots and LOTS of people.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There might be some interesting stuff here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+board+stories
phreek
Rep:
?
Yeah, I suppose they did. Try it though, it might be fun.

If I ever did one, it would be in a sunny field, with lots and LOTS of people.
No way, either a grave yard at full moon. Or in a mortuary!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No way, either a grave yard at full moon. Or in a mortuary!
One way of doing it, yet be careful with things you don't understand. Just a tiny bit of advice that almost nobody seems to follow.
phreek
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
One way of doing it, yet be careful with things you don't understand. Just a tiny bit of advice that almost nobody seems to follow.
Shall do Sire! But whats the worst that could happen anyway?
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
An evil spirit could take over your body.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anyone out there done a ouija board?

What was it like? Did it work?
Well, I've never used a ouija board before, but I have held a seance. It was quite good, actually. It took a while to convince 8 people to participate, but they all eventually decided to join in (you need 9 people in total, you see). If you can't find 8 willing volunteers, then ensure that the total number you have is divisible by 3 (3,6,9,12,etc.). 9 is the best, though. Quite importantly, the people who you do invite should be very open-minded, and not likely to run screaming from the room at the slightest nudge.

The layout of the room in which the seance is held is apparently very significant: you'll need a large round table covered in a white sheet (no checked patterns or anything like that), 9 candles placed evenly around the table and a tape recorder or somesuch (you'll need proof that it worked). If you really want to get into it, then you can have incense or new-age music as well (although this is generally for calming down the participants rather than helping in the actual invocation). The best time to do this (quite obviouvsly) is at night.

If you manage to enlist some fellow spiritualists, and set up a suitable enviroment, then you'll need to perform the summoning in the correct way, otherwise it will not work. What follows is the preperation of the ritual, so memorise it and ensure that everyone knows what they're doing:

1) Select a medium (summoner): This is the person who actually conducts and leads the seance - if you don't want to do it, then make sure that the person you choose is suitably brave.

2) Maintain order: A séance should be held in an orderly fashion, without random participants yelling out, "When will I get married?" as soon as the spirit arrives. Make sure this is clear to everyone before proceeding.

3) Decide on the spirit of choice: It is a good idea to pick a spirit beforehand, so you'll at least know who you're dealing with (your lovable old Nana, as opposed to an axe murderer). It's also a good idea to choose someone who has recently passed away - spirits who have lived on the other side for more than a couple of decades tend to not want to be bothered and might get angry if they are.

4) Remove all noisy distactions: Turn off all music at this point. If you live next to a railway track, then it is advised that you hold the seance somewhere quieter.

Now for the actual summoning:

1) Begin by joining hands with the people on either side of you and closing your eyes.

2) Depending on your religious beliefs, you (or the medium) might want to say a short prayer or divine blessing before going further, just in case.

3) Then the medium should lead everyone in a deep breathing exercise by instructing them to breathe in slowly through the nose . . . and out slowly through the mouth, while trying to keep their minds blank. The goal is to get everyone calm, comfortable, and in touch with their senses.

4) After a few minutes of this, the medium should ask everyone to say these words together: "Our beloved [name of spirit], we ask that you commune with us and move among us." Repeat the chant until there is a response.

5) A response can take the form of a sudden decrease in room temperature, a slight ache in the area that caused the spirit's death (for example, if the deceased died from a heart attack, séance participants might feel a subtle pain in their chest), or a rapping sound.

6) If after a while there is no response, the medium can add to the chant: "If you are with us, [name of spirit], please rap once."

7) After receiving confirmation that you are, indeed, chatting with the dead (don't scream or you might scare Nana away!) make sure that it really is Nana you're talking to by establishing a "one rap = yes, two raps = no" system and asking her yes-or-no questions that only she would know the answers to. If you discover that it's actually not Nana you're speaking to, don't panic - the spirit might still be a friendly and helpful (though confused) one. Figure out what type of ghost you have on your hands and go from there.

8) If the spirit gives you creepy responses ("When will I die?" . . . "Today!") or starts to knock furniture over and toss vases across the room, quickly tell it to go in peace, break the circle of hands, extinguish the candles, and turn on the lights.

9) Otherwise, continue to ask yes-or-no questions. Don't ask more than one question at a time and never tease the spirit, unless you actually want a peeved ghost to haunt your house forever. For some reason, spirits are usually very sensitive and don't take jokes very well, so save your playful ribbing for the living.

10) If the séance is going well (the participants aren't fainting, the medium's head isn't spinning 360 degrees, and the ghost seems happy to talk), the medium can invite the ghost into his/her body to answer questions more fully.

11) If, for any reason, things start to get out of control and the medium can't seem to handle it (look for spastic movements - you don't have to wait until green gunk starts spewing from the medium's mouth to decide that he/she can't handle it), have a designated back-up medium. Command the participant to quickly tell the spirit to go in peace, break the circle of hands, extinguish the candles, and turn on the lights.

12) After you're done with all your questioning, end the séance by thanking the spirit for its time and telling it to go in peace. If you don't thank the spirit, it may feel miffed by your lack of manners and refuse to come when you try to call it again in the future. Worse yet, it may tell all its buddies about your unfortunate upbringing and no ghost will want to visit you. And if you don't tell the spirit to go, it might see that as an invitation to stay awhile, at which point I'd recommend for you to move - so make sure you get that goodbye in. Then break the circle, extinguish the candles, and turn on the lights. Look around the table and make sure all the participants are fully conscious.

13) Record the events of the séance immediately (on paper if you weren't already taping it). Have each participant write down his/her point of view. If you plan on holding séances regularly, a séance log will help you remember all the little details of what occurred during each meeting. You'll be surprised at how dreamlike the experience will seem after you have a good night's rest and wake up with the sun blazing in your face. The log will serve as proof that you not only managed to talk to a ghost, but several other people were there to witness it.

That's it! I hope that this helps you, it certainly worked for me. If you want to know anything else, or if it didn't work, just PM me.

P.S. If the spirit does decide to take up permanent residence, PM me and I will send you my DIY excorcism guide.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's really interesting, However i hope the PS. was a joke...!

My family (before i was born) used to do ouija boards. In fact, the women on my mother's side are quite spooky in general, i guess you could say that they're more in touch with their senses than most. A lot of odd stuff has happened to them, but they look upon it as an asset. Kinda odd i guess, because u certainly wouldn't expect it frm my mum. She's the most down to earth, practical woman you could ever meet.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads