Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Well I wanna buy something from ASOS but it's a jacket that's abit expensive. :/

I've got enough money to buy it but when it comes home (my parents are gna be the first ones to open it because they're nosey), in other words I'm gna be screwed at for spending 'so much' money.:mad: ....... and I cba for that.

Is there any solution to this so that my parents don't find out how much I paid. Is the invoice always shown?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    They won't know if they're dead

ReputationRep:
    Or you could just tell them you got it for half price, and that obviously since its been shipped to you, it wont have the words 'HALF PRICE' stuck all over it in tacky red paper.

ReputationRep:
    well, it s your money so you get to choose how you spend it. My parents used to be a bit like that until they realised that I when I bought something really expensive, I got good use out of it and really liked it and never actually needed to borrow money off of them. Just do it and prove to them in the long run that you are sensibe with money.

ReputationRep:
    The price isn't written on the invoice plus its wrapped up so they can't see anything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    The price isn't written on the invoice plus its wrapped up so they can't see anything anyway.
    So they won't see the price at all?
    There must be some sort of paper showing the price in the package right?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you throw the invoice you get and remove the price tag from the jacket when you get back home ? Tell your parents it was at a cheap price or else tell them that a friend or someone gifted it to you...

I have done this like a million times...it works !

ReputationRep:
    I dont recall seeing the price of the prodcut on any of the packages we've recevied... Although it might be on the thing u have 2 sign when receiving the package, if its direct from the store.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them that someone bought it for you as a present - you should be able to write a gift message or something on the invoice

ReputationRep:
    Would laugh if you bought it and the Royal Mail postman decided to nick your package, wouldn't be surprised this time of the year if that happens

ReputationRep:
    Your parents open packages that are addressed to you? I'd address that issue first, then think about buying an expensive jacket later, you have bigger fish to fry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFX-K)
    So they won't see the price at all?
    There must be some sort of paper showing the price in the package right?:confused:
    Just checked the invoice from the last thing I bought and am 100% sure there is no price on the invoice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.