Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in Egypt.
    I take the British education.
    In my country universities wants 8 O levels.
    2 A levels or 4 AS.
    No more or less.
    If I took more, for example 8 O levels and 3 A levels, they won't calculate the 3rd A level. They will take the higher two.
    So, it would be really hard for me to take more or re-examinate any subjects again as Im in th 3rd grade now.

My results:
    O levels
    A* Physics
    AAAAA (5) Biology, Chemistry, Maths, ICT, and Business Studies
    B English
    DD Arabic and Accounting

AS
    C Maths
    The other three results are still not published, but I predict high grades. Physics, Business Studies and Psychology.

What are the Mcgill University requirements for someone who lives in Egypt?
    Or it doesn't differ?

Also, what Toefl or IELTS scores do they want?

What other universities that are good in Canada?

Do they want the same requirements?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    McGill is the most selective university in Canada but it's not that selective. I have good grades, yet not excellent, but I've applied there and I'm pretty sure I will get an offer I go to a French school so it's a little different but your grades seem really fine to me. You should check on their website though.
    I think the Toefl score they want is 90. (at least for most programs)
    Regarding the other canadian universities, University of Toronto and University of British Columbia are amongst the best universities in the world. McGill is known for Medecine and other sciences programs i guess, but the three universities are great.

ReputationRep:
    McGill is very competitive- what program are you applying for?

UofT is renowned for sciences, while Queen's Commerce is generally regarded as the best for business. UBC, Waterloo and Queen's are all similar in cachet (in Canada at least)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.