i'm thinking..........no.

ReputationRep:
    Was he ever "here"?

ReputationRep:
    very informative

would read again

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping no. Whilst I believe those who have been rehabilitated by the state deserve a second chance, he does not deserve to be a famous and idolised figure as he once was.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not

ReputationRep:

^ He hit that, for some reason I cannot fathom.
    I'd like to hit it too, but in a completely different way. :lol:
    Moving on from my girl crush, maybe, time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    From what I know, BET are always playing his music, but he's not been too massive at all in UK mainstream so far since that infamous incident we all know about.

ReputationRep:
    He might do. He's not a bad entertainer - I mean all round i.e not like some of the r&b singers who stand in one place and sing, he actually seems to put on a performance and is a bit more versatile. Whether the public will all start to like him as much as they did before, I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    From what I know, BET are always playing his music, but he's not been too massive at all in UK mainstream.
    This.

He'll always carry a stigma...just like Michael Jackson...but there is no doubt he's extremely talented. People often forget how young he is, he's got plenty of time to be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking no coz he's a bit... ****.

ReputationRep:
    Why what did he do?

ReputationRep:
    The girls who listen to his type of music idolise him even more now

ReputationRep:
    No and, frankly, he doesn't deserve to.

ReputationRep:
    Probably as he does still have quite a following, but I highly doubt he'll make an international comeback. He is quite a good entertainer, but the public never forget especially when the victim in the case is also a superstar with an even bigger cult following. If she openly forgives him, everyone else probably would too. It's unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
    I think he has a chance. I think if he does a new album that's more mature and just really good; because if he came back with 'old' CB he wouldn't be sorely missed.
    He's having to work his way back up now with collaborations but I think the Jay-Z circle with Rihanna and co. have him blackballed. I heard he was doing a collaboration with Justin Beiber next which if fine but he also needs to lay off the jerking music features and get a more mature long-lasting sound, the dancing is cool though.

Over time I think he will be forgiven/given a pass, R Kelly is selling very well and there's been little promo for his new album but there's still always that stigma.

He still has a fanbase.

I haven't heard all of his latest stuff but I quite like, Deuces:

ReputationRep:
    His personal life has nothing to do with him singing RnB down a mic. He will continue making money.

ReputationRep:
    yes. smacking a woman around doesn't mean your career's dead. look at Dr Dre

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.