Turn on thread page Beta

anybody else have a weird sleeping pattern? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as the title says does anybody else suffer from what could be considered as a weird sleeping routine? I go to sleep at 2am or 4am as of late since my university has closed for christmas holiday I've lost the need to go to sleep early. I just tried to sleep now but failed miserably I feel annoyed that I cant sleep yet :mad: because I wake up at 2pm everyday and it pretty much diminishes any chance of getting something done during the day so is anybody inflicting insomnia upon themselves as well also I'd like to say that I don't feel the need to eat more than twice a day anymore sounds weird lol I guess I kinda sleep the hunger off

ReputationRep:
    on christmas eve eve I was awake for 24 hours leading into christmas eve, where I fell asleep at 11am, woke up at 5pm, stayed awake till 8am on christmas day, woke up again at 1pm, fell asleep at 5pm, woke up at 8pm, fell asleep at 9pm, woke up at 6am on boxing day, fell asleep again at 12pm, woke up at 6pm this evening.
    I'd say that's pretty weird right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I sleep about 4 in the morning than get up at 6am to catch my train to college.

Come back at 6pm and sleep till 9pm and then wake up again.

I've been doing that for three years. :sad:

So yeah, really weird. :fangs:

ReputationRep:
    dude, i do exactly the same, i work nights and go to college. on my days off college i just sleep till like 3pm, eat once then do nothing all day and night until about 3am when i decide to go to bed. a waste really but....meh

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases where I can sleep for 3 or 4 hours for days in a row, and work 10+ hour shifts and still feel pretty awake for most of the day, and then phases where I could sleep for 9 or 10 hours and still feel tired :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it tends to be 4am- ~12. Not too far off of nocturnal really.
    Hate people that make a big thing of it. As far as things go for me, it's a much more useful sleep cycle, but there's always that one prat that won't stop moaning for not having the same sleep pattern as most people, as though you have some massive mental problem for it.

ReputationRep:
    lol glad to hear im not the only one

ReputationRep:
    Mine is totally off... I've gone to bed at 9/10am, and waked up at 8/9pm every day the past week. But this week I'm trying to go back to a normal sleeping pattern. Just being awake for the whole night is :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, mainly cos I work 14 hour night shifts on random nights of the week and during the day for other random days depending on what i have on. Really screws up your pattern when you eat lunch at 1 am, 6pm and 5 am on consecutive days.

ReputationRep:
    yeh mines literally ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    I've had bizarre sleeping patterns my whole life. In fact, it's one of the things I'm well-known for.

ReputationRep:
    Unless I'm working, over the summer holidays I end up sleeping later and later. Its annoying more than anything to be nocturnal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    as the title says does anybody else suffer from what could be considered as a weird sleeping routine? I go to sleep at 2am or 4am as of late since my university has closed for christmas holiday I've lost the need to go to sleep early. I just tried to sleep now but failed miserably I feel annoyed that I cant sleep yet :mad: because I wake up at 2pm everyday and it pretty much diminishes any chance of getting something done during the day so is anybody inflicting insomnia upon themselves as well also I'd like to say that I don't feel the need to eat more than twice a day anymore sounds weird lol I guess I kinda sleep the hunger off
    Oh, yeah. I go to sleep about three in the morning and wake up at about midday. It's a side effect of being used to staying awake for a long time all the way through high school- about six in the morning to elevn at night- and insomnia. Unable to get a job because there aren't many and I'm not eighteen yet doesn't exactly help.

:P

ReputationRep:
    I sleep around 4ish, wake up around 2ish. :\ I'm scared I'll miss all of my 10am exams when I get back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I sleep around 4ish, wake up around 2ish. :\ I'm scared I'll miss all of my 10am exams when I get back to uni.
    same here

ReputationRep:
    wooo can i join in? i sleep around 6/7am and wake up at 2pm because it's holidays and this is what i always end up doing

last year, semester 2, i slept 8am every morning and woke up at 6pm....... some of the weirdest months of my life

ReputationRep:
    I'm slowly turning nocturnal at the moment, going to sleep around 3am and waking up at 2pm+. I'm a much more pleasant person for it, I think my body just prefers being awake during the night for some reason. I feel much livelier, far more energetic, in a better mood etc. whereas during term when I have to have a regular sleeping schedule, the days are torture. I'm not a morning person. At all.

ReputationRep:
    Usually go to bed at around 4am wake up at half 2 ish, then vegetate all day and waste time which could be spent revising

ReputationRep:
    Yep this is me. Sleep around 4 or 5 and wake at 2 at the earliest.
    I've barely seen any sunlight this winter.

ReputationRep:
    My sleeping pattern is just messed up. It only takes a weekend for that to happen. I may go to sleep early on the first night but I sleep 10+ hours easily. Then I wake up 1 pm. Next night I try to sleep but I fall asleep 2 am. Then I wake up 3 pm and the cycle goes on and on. Now it's 4:36 am here and I'm not even tired. I guess I'll wake up 5 pm.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.