Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gays and gals,

I am starting my BDS course at Bristol in 2011, any body will join the sae course?

Will be good if we get in touch!

Looking forward to see you all

Cheers, Raf

ReputationRep:
    I've applied

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from these dudes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipsnfish)
    I've applied
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimmiie)
    anyone heard from these dudes?
    I had my interview in Feb this year and heared back in March, i think they interview a group in December and then another group in February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DenDream)
    I had my interview in Feb this year and heared back in March, i think they interview a group in December and then another group in February
    ahhh thankyouuu

ReputationRep:
    why are bristol taking so long this year? has anyone got any interview letters/emails yet cz dey sed dey wud contact early jan till mid jan for interviews in feb :/.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahvish)
    why are bristol taking so long this year? has anyone got any interview letters/emails yet cz dey sed dey wud contact early jan till mid jan for interviews in feb :/.!
    it says in the email they r doing this so that they can get a better picture of the "large" amount applying

but my reasonin is that they have a new admissions lady and so things have been a bit differnt...

hmmm.... can anyone find out how many people applied to them? could anyone call them please?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Has anyone here had an interview at Bristol? What was it like? What kind of questions? I read that they ask you to write an essay, could someone let me know what kind of topics the essay is on? And what did you take to show manual dexterity?

Any info you can PM me will be really helpful. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_gooner)
    Hey guys

Has anyone here had an interview at Bristol? What was it like? What kind of questions? I read that they ask you to write an essay, could someone let me know what kind of topics the essay is on? And what did you take to show manual dexterity?

Any info you can PM me will be really helpful. Thanks!
    My ineterview was not bad, expect them to ask you to write a short essay before starting the interview.
    They asked pretty standard questions: why dent? what are your plans after grad? tell us about an intersting case you saw during work exp? ...etc
    For manual dext i took a piece of wood work
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DenDream)
    My ineterview was not bad, expect them to ask you to write a short essay before starting the interview.
    They asked pretty standard questions: why dent? what are your plans after grad? tell us about an intersting case you saw during work exp? ...etc
    For manual dext i took a piece of wood work
    Good Luck!
    Really appreciate the info, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    what kind of question to they ask for the 10 minute essay?

ReputationRep:
    i do dentistry at bristol at the moment i'm in the first year, feel free to ask me any questions you have and I'll try my best to answer them

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash001)
    i do dentistry at bristol at the moment i'm in the first year, feel free to ask me any questions you have and I'll try my best to answer them
    Do you start clinicals in the second year?

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    do you have any idea what they ask for in the 10 minute essay?
    Also, for why dentistry at bristol, what is there in a particular about the content of the course or the dental facilities that makes it stand out compared to other universities?

What sort of stuff do they ask you to write about for the 10 minute essay?

What sort of stuff do they ask you to write about for the 10 minute essay?

ReputationRep:
        Ok the essay is usually "who are the different members of the dental team" or something like that - so dentist, dental hygienist, lab technician, nurse etc etc. Check the nhs website and it says it all there. After all if it doesnt come up as the essay question they may ask something like that in the interview.

Things to have prepared: from work experience they like to ask you about one procedure you observed - not in much detail but just to show that you're aware of different procedures.

Check the bbc for any new news stories which concern dentists or the nhs as a whole.

Manual dexterity - you can bring in an example - eg a painting/something crafty you've done/music examination certificates. One guy even brought in a cake his mum had iced and decorated for him!

Charity work - what you've gained and learned from your volunteering or charity work - stick mostly to things concerning communicating with people.

Any more questions just ask.

You start clinical after easter in year 2, seeing your own patients for periodontal treatment with another person from the year nursing for you. You in turn nurse for them in their sessions. You'll also start prosthetics and Clinical Skills lab in year 2 - learning how to make dentures etc.

ReputationRep:
        i have my interview tommorow !! quite nervouss!! do they ask you much about nhs vs private stufF? like ask u to compare prices or treatments ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.