The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Oxford on UCAS just a second ago! Now.. all I need is the grades! :biggrin:
Reply 801
Original post by Sophies4int
i think so, still deciding though for much the same reasons as you. not sure i would love it as much as univeristies but at the moment leaning very much towards oxford.

im from london, you? yeah sure, sophie collis if you want to add me.

Im from the Isle of Wight. Yeah same, I think to be honest 3 years slight sacrifice would be worth it for the connection and the sort of brand on your CV
Original post by PaddyD15
Im from the Isle of Wight. Yeah same, I think to be honest 3 years slight sacrifice would be worth it for the connection and the sort of brand on your CV

Sacrifice? :confused:
Reply 803
Original post by mcgovernjon
Sacrifice? :confused:

Not having so much of the "uni lifestyle"
Not having so much of the uni lifestyle

Work hard, play hard??
Reply 805
Original post by soutioirsim
Work hard, play hard??

By all means, just the sheer quantity of work may limit what can only be described as play time.
By all means, just the sheer quantity of work may limit what can only be described as play time.

Yeah I am a bit worried about the workload too. I'm just going to have to get SUPER organised when October comes round.
Reply 807
Original post by soutioirsim
Yeah I am a bit worried about the workload too. I'm just going to have to get SUPER organised when October comes round.

It really is manageable. You just have to be prepared to schedule work for yourself, or find something with a set schedule which will help bring some sort of structure (eg a sporting/musical commitment which means you have to be somewhere at a regular time).

It's slightly different for sciences as you have labs, but in the humanities there really is little that is compulsory but for your tutorials. In some subjects you don't even need to go to the lectures.

tl;dr: Don't worry. You'll have more than enough time to work and still have a good time doing other things.
Reply 808
Original post by EdmundB
It really is manageable. You just have to be prepared to schedule work for yourself, or find something with a set schedule which will help bring some sort of structure (eg a sporting/musical commitment which means you have to be somewhere at a regular time).

It's slightly different for sciences as you have labs, but in the humanities there really is little that is compulsory but for your tutorials. In some subjects you don't even need to go to the lectures.

tl;dr: Don't worry. You'll have more than enough time to work and still have a good time doing other things.

I'd rep you, but I've ran out for today - tomorrow then! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm anxious about the workload too.
Original post by EdmundB

Thanks for this as well! I'm really worried about the workload too. I have horrible visions of me crying over Latin verbs every night!
Reply 810
Hi, anyone doing biological sciences at st hildas?
Reply 811
Original post by riotgrrl
Thanks for this as well! I'm really worried about the workload too. I have horrible visions of me crying over Latin verbs every night!

You'll be fine! You'll soon learn that the time to cry over Latin verbs is just before the language test, which is held at the horrible time of 9am on Tuesday morning. Luckily I can make it from my bedroom to the room within Exam Schools in 40 seconds...
Hi. I have an offer for Biomedical Sciences as Corpus Christi :smile:
I am studying Advanced Organic Chemistry with Physical Interactions at Trinity.
Reply 814
E&M Guys, brilliant! :biggrin:

Can't wait man! And AAA too, sounds way too easy from now on!
my referee recieved a letter from oxford....what can it be?
he did not send it me yet..
Reply 816
Original post by moritzplatz
my referee recieved a letter from oxford....what can it be?
he did not send it me yet..

Just says why they accepted you. Pretty standard stuff.
Original post by tommy1311
Just says why they accepted you. Pretty standard stuff.

oh ok...
in my college website it was said that feedbacks are sent only if requested...
Congrats to those with offers. Anyone know what sort of offers oxford is making for maths?

Thanks
Original post by pappymajek
Congrats to those with offers. Anyone know what sort of offers oxford is making for maths?

Thanks

It has still been AAA up until this year, but next year onwards will be A*A*A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending