ReputationRep:
    I suspet everyones favourites would be pretty varied. Mine are:

Foo Fighters - Everlong
    Interpol - Obstacle 1
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
    Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight
    Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

ReputationRep:
    Schism, by Tool has got to feature in there somewhere...

Pink Floyd, blates:

Star ****ing Hipsters:

Only because Stza looks like such a crackhead in this video.

Can't be arsed to pick 2 others.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry to interrupt like this, and I'ma gonna let you finish - but KANYE WEST HAD THE BEST MUSIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Im sorry to interrupt like this, and I'ma gonna let you finish - but KANYE WEST HAD THE BEST MUSIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.
    lol, perfect timing

ReputationRep:
    I don't see or remember many music videos, but Here it goes again by Ok Go is definitely up there.

ReputationRep:
    Ermm....

Visage - Fade To Grey (this actually is not my fave version of the video, I want the one where it shows him entering the club. And also the silver body snake painting bit bores me. But the bits where he's singing the verses and the makeup changes totally earns it its place here. Plus he's legendary AND I see him in clubs sometimes ><)

David Bowie - Boys Keep Swinging (Contains my 3 fave things ever- young Bowie doing dancing, man with tiny hips and waist, and drag)

Soft Cell - Tainted Love (The campest man on film dressed as Caesar, having tea with a Victorian, putting a girl's hand in a piranha tank and then casually having a little swing in the corner. There's literally nothing to dislike)

Talking Heads - (Nothing But) Flowers (Tried to avoid the obv Once In A Lifetime, although that is also so so worthy of a spot. Linking to the myspace version because the youtube doesn't have the facts)

Instant Hit - The Slits (I love the mad yelling at the start, the abysmal quality, the really nice (imo) clothes they're all wearing, the shots of old London, how happy and young they all are, and how simple it is)

I know I went on a bit, but I love music videos. Stay up til 3ish most nights just watching and rewatching.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Jackson - Thriller

Linkin Park - What I've done

Fall out boy - Dance, Dance

Sum 41 - In too deep

Yeasayer - Ambling Alp (lol, If you've seen it then you probably know I'm not being 100% serious with this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Linkin Park - What I've done
    Sum 41 - In too deep
    From what I remember of my "teenie bopper daze", the videos for Points Of Authority and Hell Song (both bands respectively) were so much better IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    From what I remember of my "teenie bopper daze", the videos for Points Of Authority and Hell Song (both bands respectively) were so much better IMO.
    lol. I thought of mentioning some old school LP videos actually and Pts of Authority would defo be in a Top 5 Linkin Park video anyway but I think What I've done is a masterpiece, it's 3:33 long but it looks at so much of humanity and makes great contrasts, the music fits perfectly with the video too and the timing's great

You a LP fan btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    lol. I thought of mentioning some old school LP videos actually and Pts of Authority would defo be in a Top 5 Linkin Park video anyway but I think What I've done is a masterpiece, it's 3:33 long but it looks at so much of humanity and makes great contrasts, the music fits perfectly with the video too and the timing's great

You a LP fan btw?
    Nah. I used to be though. Got Hybrid Theory when I was... 10/11, I think. So nigh on 10 years ago. Then got ReAnimation (which I thought some of the stuff on there was quite good, but nobody else seemed to for some reason :emo: ), Meteora, then I just sort of fell out of love with them. They were my favourite band for the best part of 4 years, but I moved on after discovering death metal... and never looked back :moon:

ReputationRep:

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Follow Your Soul- 2PM

Mblaq- Oh yeah

Let the sun shine- Labrinth

Dare you to move- Switchfoot

Escape the Fate- Not good enough for truth or cliche

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Nah. I used to be though. Got Hybrid Theory when I was... 10/11, I think. So nigh on 10 years ago. Then got ReAnimation (which I thought some of the stuff on there was quite good, but nobody else seemed to for some reason :emo: ), Meteora, then I just sort of fell out of love with them. They were my favourite band for the best part of 4 years, but I moved on after discovering death metal... and never looked back :moon:
    ahh, almost everyone I ask about liking Linkin Park says they used to be a fan but went off them (damn minutes to midnight!) and same really, been a fan since 2001/2000 - I remember Toonami played Points of authority at their interludes and before shows like DBZ started ahh nostalgia

and cool, Old school LP is just timeless imo, surprising that you went off them that long ago hah. A lot of people seem to have done so since minutes to midnight 3 years ago but fair enough, I'm bad at categorising stuff into different types of metal

System of a down? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    You mean Beyonce. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like the coldplay one, where everything goes backwards, really clever

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

ReputationRep:
    HEAVEN SHALL BURN - Combat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jCd-KTTR_I

ReputationRep:
    For your visual entertainment:

I'll edit my post when I remember other notable videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    I like the coldplay one, where everything goes backwards, really clever
    The Scientist!

ReputationRep:
    Here it goes again - OK GO

LoveStoned - JT (cool digital effects)

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

She Wolf - purely for Shakira's sexiest dancing ever!

Michael Jackson - Thriller - no explanation needed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.