Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Single girls and ex-boyfriends Watch

My girlfriend happened to tell me in conversation that she still got her with her one of her ex-boyfriends when they split a few years ago. She was single and he was in a new relationship, he got her over on two separate occasions and they done it. She tried to blame being drunk but to do it more than once I think is just a bad excuse. As she says they got caught by a friend and he's not allowed her number anymore 'apparently'.

Now she's an honest and open person with me. When she told me this, I was a little disgusted and lost a little respect for her to an extent. Not the fact that she has slept with other guys or that I think she will cheat on me because I don't think that for one minute but for her to think that because she was single and didn't care that he had a girlfriend was kinda low IMO. I actually told her this that I thought it was very wrong and just because she was single still doesn't make it right, as it was bad enough knowing that he was cheating and thats low as you can get.

Thing is though. I know she's also been with a married guy in the past. Yes, it's all in the past and that's fair enough but it's the principle.

When talking about this I took the chance to actually point out that way before we got into a relationship, I had already been seeing her but got into a relationship with sombody else. Thoughout my relationship with the other girl, she tried to get together with me, we had kinda set a day to meet up but I just couldn't do it, go through with it and made several lame excuses to get out of it. I've never cheated before and never will.

What do you think about girls whom are single that go with guys who have commitments?

ReputationRep:
    I think its cheap !

ReputationRep:
    The girl and the guy who participate are equally at fault- cheating is never a nice thing to do.
    However, what she's done with other guys shouldn't concern you- it was in the past, and although this might not be an aspect of her behaviour that you particularly like, no one is perfect.
    If you can't accept that her principles differ from yours in this respect (and it starts to cause resentment) then you may want to break it off to spare both of your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Girls who are (knowingly) cheated with, have no right to ever expect a guy not to cheat on them. It's just shocking that they do that knowing the guy is in a relationship and is cheating on his girlfriend.

Then if they ever find out their boyfriend cheated on them with another girl they hate that girl's guts and want to kill her. Double standards.

ReputationRep:
    Your whole post is so convoluted.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.