Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BF blackmailed me to stay with him Watch

Announcements

I had broken up with my current bf but then he starts blackmailing me that he will tell everyone about our relationship and he'll ruin my life. I'm from respected family and from this I don't want my parents to be looked down on society. Please help. I used to love him but all that is gone now, I actually don't like him at all anymore. By the way, I'm 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had broken up with my current bf but then he starts blackmailing me that he will tell everyone about our relationship and he'll ruin my life. I'm from respected family and from this I don't want my parents to be looked down on society. Please help. I used to love him but all that is gone now, I actually don't like him at all anymore. By the way, I'm 17.
    Sounds vaguely like my ex boyfriend (I would try and break up with him and he'd plead/beg/threaten until eventually I said we could try it again).

This happened around 9 times and we ended up staying together for over a year, despite me wanting to break it off after around 4 months.

It is not healthy, it is a waste of both of your time and it will affect you in terms of your general mood and attitude.

You need to break it off. I'm sorry you're with such a **** but it might be an idea to tell your parents first- that way he has nothing to say that's new information.

That or deny it profusely and make him look crazy

Either way, get out!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you indend on being blackmailed for the rest of your life, you are going to leave him eventually.
    Why not do it sooner (now) rather than having a miserable few years before the inevitable happens.

If he has to blackmail you to keep you, that is just pretty pathetic. I would tell him so to be honest. Its just pitiful.

ReputationRep:
    You are muslim! I can tell!

ReputationRep:
    Just say to him, "Say anything about me and i'll tell everyone you've got a 2 inch wiener". He WILL leave without a fuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    He/She's probably Christian

I'm Hindu not Christian or Muslim

ReputationRep:
    Just pretend he's Chuck Bass.

ReputationRep:
    make him fall out of love with you?

ReputationRep:

Tsk tsk! This is why your family didn't want you getting into a relationship. I've seen it happen loads of times over this end and there's no easy way out. You want advice? Come clean with your family and then get them to deal with him. Sure they'll say you were wrong (which you were) but if they love you like family does they'll be sure to stand by you.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him, he'll get bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    WRONG

I'm Hindu
    I was closer than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Just say to him, "Say anything about me and i'll tell everyone you've got a 2 inch wiener". He WILL leave without a fuss.
    :rofl3: Why didn't I think of that?!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    just blackmail him harder. its all about who has the longest penis.

someone mentioned chuck bass. i like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Tsk tsk! This is why your family didn't want you getting into a relationship. I've seen it happen loads of times over this end and there's no easy way out. You want advice? Come clean with your family and then get them to deal with him. Sure they'll say you were wrong (which you were) but if they love you like family does they'll be sure to stand by you.
    This is only a problem because her family didn't want her having a relationship. It's rather self fulfilling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    This is only a problem because her family didn't want her having a relationship. It's rather self fulfilling.
    I'm sure I made that observation. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Hindu
    You should have thought twice before getting into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    you're 17, your boyfriend is not able to 'ruin your life,' that is not possible, and if he does try, just ring the police?

As for your parents, their status won't be wrecked by anyone looking badly upon them.. adults won't listen to a 17-year old boy seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    Wrong

(Original post by Rishz)
    lol blates op

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.