kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What are your views on giving blood? Would you do it? Why wouldn't you? How would you feel receiving other peoples blood if you had an accident?
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can't do it myself, but would like to be able to. I don't view blood the same as I do organ transplants - I would accept blood if I had to, although I would stress to any doctors that it is to be used as an absolutely last resort.
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to give blood regularly but unfortunatly can't anymore as I dont weigh enough. I hope to be able to again in the future.
cybergrad
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
I used to, until they introduced appointments.....
Whatsinthefox?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gave blood, now switched to donating platelets as I have a high platelet count and can donate more often.
Giving blood is absolutely essential, when you do it, you save lives. If it comes to a point where I need a transfusion, I'm going to accept one.
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I take the opinion that if I would receive it if necessary (and I would), then I should be willing to donate. Unfortunately I don't weigh nearly enough and I'm quite wimpy about needles. Oh well, when I die someone can have all my organs...
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I give it, partly because my parents have always done it, but also my cousin is alive because of it, and as a biker, i'll probably need it one day, so paying in advance.

It doesn't cost you and can help save people, i don't understand why you wouldn't give if you can.
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How can anyone justify not giving blood if they're healthy enough to do so? :dontknow:
xCBRx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've only donated once, but I've already learnt that if you close your eyes, the nurses panic and think you've fainted.
Will donate again in future.
Hooovan*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would absolutely love to be able to give blood but I'm anaemic. If I ever need a blood transfusion, I will gratefully accept it.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Given blood although needle phobic.
Will give blood again.
Will accept blood transfusion.
ChrisBan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone want to hold my hand and we can be blood giving buddies?
NurseTobex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Up until summer this year I was a regular donor (can't give blood again until Feb because I was slightly anaemic for a bit!) and I do it because it's a feel good thing, and I obviously wanted to find out my blood type the first time . I also fainted the first time but it hasn't put me off! I would receive blood too.
SAK.A
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Give it. My view may be swayed very much by a life threatening event with a family member.
Rob da Mop
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've done it three times but kept not managing to get to sessions over the past few months. As for receiving it, the only reason I wouldn't want to is that I don't want to be in the situation in which I need it!
Mr Inquisitive
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would do it. Not just randomly though, because I hate needles.
Evil Monkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tried to give blood once despite being terrified of needles, it was a disaster and they didn't get any.
Despite that, I'm still going to go again once my 6 months outside a malarial zone is done with. Stupid not to give blood really far as I see it.
dirtyoldriver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Will definitely give it after I turn 18. I'm O negative which I believe is pretty darn handy so really it would be selfish to keep it to myself

Oh and I'd gladly receive it :yep:
I'm_Unsafe.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My dad donated blood all his life until he became deficient in vitamin B16. I would love to do it but unfortunately my needle phobia makes me rather selfish - I can just about cope with injections but I had my first blood test in about 15 years recently and it messed me up bad. I didn't feel right for the whole day (and I had it done at 10am). So I don't think I could cope with the prolonged experience of donating blood.

I will take it though, cuz like I said I'm selfish.
JW92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not allowed. Having said that, I probably wouldn't even if I could. It's just another of those things I'd keep meaning to get around to and it's not as if hospitals are running out of blood.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (129)
18.14%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.29%
Not great so far... (254)
35.72%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.85%

Watched Threads