Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good places to visit in Eastern Europe? Also how is this itinerary for a Europe trip? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm from India and planning a trip to Europe in May. This is my tentative schedule. What do you guys think? Also somewhere I want to fit in around 5-6 days in Eastern Europe. Where do I visit? Poland? Slovenia? Bosnia?
    5th May : Leave india for london
    6th-9th: london plus other places in england
    10th: leave for amsterdam
    10th and 11th in amsterdam
    12th: leave for germany
    12th-14th in germany
    15th leave for italy
    15th-19th in italy
    20th leave for france
    21st and 22nd in france
    return to england on 23rd
    since its only 18 days maybe add one more day in italy and one day in switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ingerland89)
    bump
    I'd definitely go to Prague and Krakow. If you need any info regarding the Czech Republic just send me a PM or quote me.

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm that Krakow and Prague are awesome. Also loved the Baltic capitals as well, although I dunno if you strictly class them as Eastern Europe. Each was surprisingly unique for cities that have such close links now. Each had a distinct vibe which was a pleasant surprise.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....it depends what you're after really. I've been in Eastern Europe to:
    Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia and Warsaw.

I think my favourite city out of these has to be Prague followed by Budapest. I like traditional architecture and trying out the local specialities -i.e. look out for the baths in Budapest!! Having said that, I've been to Warsaw twice now (once with mates and once with my dad's work) -if you're into Communist style architecture (seriously, it is interesting to see how the cities were built) then go there. There is a nice old town and some public gardens which are lovely for a walk around. Accommodation is also cheap.

Also, depending on what you're after, a trip down to Auschwitz in Poland might be good -I think you're better basing yourself out of Krakow than Warsaw though. Whilst it's not quite as well preserved as it might be, it's a harrowing yet informative/educational experience and may be worth a visit if you're into that kind of thing.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions about anywhere, do ask and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Definitely visit Switzerland btw -it's a lovely country but also expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    I can confirm that Krakow and Prague are awesome. Also loved the Baltic capitals as well, although I dunno if you strictly class them as Eastern Europe. Each was surprisingly unique for cities that have such close links now. Each had a distinct vibe which was a pleasant surprise.
    The Baltics are definitely Eastern while it could be debated that Poland/Czech Rep are more Central geographically though historically 'Eastern'.....interesting to hear that all three are quite distinctive - hoping to visit them next year.

Central/Eastern Europe - Although I haven't been, I've heard great things about Slovenia - especially Lake Bled which looks beautiful. Also Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava. Croatia's coastline is meant to be lovely as well.

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to say that Prague's not exactly in Eastern Europe (or at least, us, who are from there, like to say that it is Central Europe - as it geographically is).
    But yes, it is a lovely city and my home and you should definitely go visit it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.