no appetite, rapid weight loss?? Watch

superman!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hi, i was ill in the summer with a kidney infection and lost a stone (as in weight) in a week, since then ive been trying to put it back on, but i find it hard to put weight on even though i eat lots.

ive been 8 stone for a few years, im 5ft 1in so its a healthy weight for my height, even when i eat lots i dont seem to put on weight. i've never had an eating disorder or anything, and im not obsessive about how much i weigh but i hate losing weight. i'd just got my weight back up to just under 8 stone and i need it to be 8 stone as i give blood and cant if im lighter.

its christmas and ive lost weight? normarly i shoud be eating loads but im not. ive lost my appetite - but am still eating a normal amount of food. but im losing weight? ive lost harf a stone in about 2/3 days. is this normal? im really tired alot aswell?

anyone got any ideas? thanks
Teaddict
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You aren't just eating junk food I hope?
08batee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if you wanna put on weight

Gallon Of Milk A Day
Sly Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP
superman!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teaddict)
You aren't just eating junk food I hope?

no, i eat healthily.
superman!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sly Racoon)
phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP

well people on here think they are so funny, i knew someone would have made a comment about it if i didn't clarify.
Melanie-v
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That is a lot of weight loss. If it goes on, see your GP. Tapeworms spring to mind, but it's unlikely.

Drink full-fat milk instead of water.Eat snacks every now and then.
superman!
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08batee)
Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.
no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/
08batee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by superman!)
no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/
Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well
superman!
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08batee)
Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well

thanks i love food so its wierd that i don't want to eat!! thank you
lorry:)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.
Lantana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by laurie:))
if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.
It's all a part of the lay referral system But yes, best to go to the GP if you are worried about it - they won't mind! You might get some ensure which'll help you put on the weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (66)
66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13%

Watched Threads