Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

no appetite, rapid weight loss?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, i was ill in the summer with a kidney infection and lost a stone (as in weight) in a week, since then ive been trying to put it back on, but i find it hard to put weight on even though i eat lots.

ive been 8 stone for a few years, im 5ft 1in so its a healthy weight for my height, even when i eat lots i dont seem to put on weight. i've never had an eating disorder or anything, and im not obsessive about how much i weigh but i hate losing weight. i'd just got my weight back up to just under 8 stone and i need it to be 8 stone as i give blood and cant if im lighter.

its christmas and ive lost weight? normarly i shoud be eating loads but im not. ive lost my appetite - but am still eating a normal amount of food. but im losing weight? ive lost harf a stone in about 2/3 days. is this normal? im really tired alot aswell?

anyone got any ideas? thanks

ReputationRep:
    You aren't just eating junk food I hope?

ReputationRep:
    Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.

ReputationRep:
    if you wanna put on weight

Gallon Of Milk A Day

ReputationRep:
    phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    You aren't just eating junk food I hope?

no, i eat healthily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly Racoon)
    phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP

well people on here think they are so funny, i knew someone would have made a comment about it if i didn't clarify.

ReputationRep:
    That is a lot of weight loss. If it goes on, see your GP. Tapeworms spring to mind, but it's unlikely.

Drink full-fat milk instead of water.Eat snacks every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.
    no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
    i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman!)
    no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
    i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/
    Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well

thanks i love food so its wierd that i don't want to eat!! thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.
    It's all a part of the lay referral system But yes, best to go to the GP if you are worried about it - they won't mind! You might get some ensure which'll help you put on the weight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.