Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird that I reject a lot of girls because I'm looking for my perfect girl? Watch

Please keep anon or delete it.

Well I haven't had a lot of girlfriends in my life. I've had quite a few girls interested in me, but because I wasn't interested in them, or didn't see them in my long-term vision I pretty much didn't react to their attention to me. Basically, I'm looking for that perfect for me (not perfect in general, but perfect to my personal likings)

My friends tell me to just get in a relationship with a girl but I don't want to sleep with a girl who I know I won't be with in a few years. Is this weird? I mean, I haven't got that much experience with girlfriends, but I've had girlfriends in my past.

ReputationRep:
    It might not be the norm, but it's a good way to live. What if someone you thought could be 'the One' came along whilst you were in a relationship?

As well as that, it's wrong to get up someone's expectations. Better single than in a half-arsed relationship you don't really care about. It'll just end in tears for someone.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're going about it right. However, if you've got an image in your head of this perfect girl, you're doing it wrong. You don't really know who you are (nothing personal as this applies to everyone) so you don't necessarily know what you want out of someone else. If you've got a mental image or list of traits, you might be dismissing girls who could actually be really good for you. It's good that you're wanting to only go for a girl who you're really serious about, but be open-minded.

ReputationRep:
    It is weird, but is really sweet I dont know any guys who are like that but I wih I did, which is probably one of the reasons why you get attention from a lot of girls. I would ignore your friends simply because when you do meet a girl that you want a long term relationship with, she will love the fact that you think like that

ReputationRep:
    Wish more boys were like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    It might not be the norm, but it's a good way to live. What if someone you thought could be 'the One' came along whilst you were in a relationship?
    You do realise you're not forced to stay in the relationship right? It's not a legally binding contract...

Anyway, with regards to the OP, I'm sort of similar, not quite the same but similar. I have a few friends who seem to be in relationships with girls they don't really like and I just think, well, what's the point? They seem to be doing it for the sake of it and I don't see the point in that, I would only ever be in a relationship with someone I really liked and I'm quite fussy with what that is. Needless to say that, combined with the fact that very few girls seem to like me in return has lead to me being single my whole life, despite being 20....how depressing.

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird, I do exactly this myself. I've had the same old "you should jsut get in a relationship" from my mates too. I accept that its highly unlikely though that I'll find a girl that ticks all my boxes, which I guess is the important part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon or delete it.

Well I haven't had a lot of girlfriends in my life. I've had quite a few girls interested in me, but because I wasn't interested in them, or didn't see them in my long-term vision I pretty much didn't react to their attention to me. Basically, I'm looking for that perfect for me (not perfect in general, but perfect to my personal likings)

My friends tell me to just get in a relationship with a girl but I don't want to sleep with a girl who I know I won't be with in a few years. Is this weird? I mean, I haven't got that much experience with girlfriends, but I've had girlfriends in my past.
    its very normal, always looking for the long term... i'm the same

seems logical to start looking for short term too

ReputationRep:
    I do the same with guys so i understand

ReputationRep:
    no its better to wait, till you find a girl you think is long term material it's not weird..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.