Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought a Medion Akoya E6300 D desktop computer in September 2009. It has a three year guarantee with it and the hard drive has failed. I phoned them up and they said that they would send a courier out with a new hard drive. However, does anyone know if I would be able to send the computer back and get my money back for it, as I am looking to buy a new car in the next few months, and the extra 420 quid would definitely come in handy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    No, they are only required to fix it

ReputationRep:
    aw ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prime500)
    aw ****
    Unless it specifically says in their T & C's of purchase that they will refund... which I highly doubt would be the case... sorry buddy!

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth anyone would pay £420 for that terrible computer is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Why on earth anyone would pay £420 for that terrible computer is beyond me.
    If only everyone was as enlightened as you, eh?

ReputationRep:
    If only everyone was as enlightened as you, eh?
    Indeed! Although I must admit if you brought the machine from Aldi, what did you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! Although I must admit if you brought the machine from Aldi, what did you expect?
    I bought it online, not from Aldi. Pasting the name of the machine into a search engine and clicking on the first review you could find just then, were we? Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    I bought it online, not from Aldi. Pasting the name of the machine into a search engine and clicking on the first review you could find just then, were we? Oh dear.
    /facepalm

Looking at the Medion Akoya E6300 D's spec and the price at which it is sold I cannot help but think that the laptop I recently bought for £450 has a better processor, more RAM, a much bigger hard drive, Windows 7 was pre-installed (as opposed to Vista), it also had a much much better GPU and guess what? It came with a build in monitor!

Really bro, that desktop is BAD and I cannot fathom why someone would buy it for £420 when they can build a killer desktop for the same amount. Even pre-built Dells or Sonys are better...

ReputationRep:
    /facepalm

Looking at the Medion Akoya E6300 D's spec and the price at which it is sold I cannot help but think that the laptop I recently bought for £450 has a better processor, more RAM, a much bigger hard drive, Windows 7 was pre-installed (as opposed to Vista), it also had a much much better GPU and guess what? It came with a build in monitor!

Really bro, that desktop is BAD and I cannot fathom why someone would buy it for £420 when they can build a killer desktop for the same amount. Even pre-built Dells or Sonys are better...
    Cool story "bro"

ReputationRep:
    Very mature of you with the rep also.

ReputationRep:
    so you've owned it for almost a year and a half. If the shop was mad enough to give a refund you could probably only get a fraction of the original cost back. They've only really got to fix it unless you can show the design is flawed and that the pc wasn't fit for purpose (which seeing as you've had it over a year isn't going to be easy)

ReputationRep:
    I find it ridiculous that you want to return the whole machine after using it for over a year. Just "borrowing" it for a while were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfaxford)
    so you've owned it for almost a year and a half. If the shop was mad enough to give a refund you could probably only get a fraction of the original cost back. They've only really got to fix it unless you can show the design is flawed and that the pc wasn't fit for purpose (which seeing as you've had it over a year isn't going to be easy)
    It's under warranty so they do have to fix it. The new hard drive arrived just before new year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleak)
    I find it ridiculous that you want to return the whole machine after using it for over a year. Just "borrowing" it for a while were you?
    Yes I was.

ReputationRep:
    You are pretty clueless aren't you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.