Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unable to connect to Orange Livebox using Xbox360 Wireless "N" Adaptor. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

The adaptor recognises the Livebox signal but it won't accept the passcode which I know is correct. There is a green light flashing on the adaptor which I understand means it's attempting to connect.

However, when I use an ethernet cable, I am able to get straight on and play.

I've tried moving the Livebox to other phone ports around the house and it does exactly the same thing. All three laptops and an iPod Touch can connect to the wireless signal.

Any help would greatly appreciated as the whole point of having the adaptor was so that I didn't have to have the Livebox in my room messing up the housephone.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried holding down the button with the number 1 on when you're trying to connect? Its on the side of mine.

I find it a nightmare trying to get my Livebox to connect to anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomethingSpezial)
    Have you tried holding down the button with the number 1 on when you're trying to connect? Its on the side of mine.

I find it a nightmare trying to get my Livebox to connect to anything
    I have done and it's still not done anything.

Xbox recognises the installation disc as a "mixed media disc" which I've heard doesn't particularly matter because I've got the latest update.

ReputationRep:
    New note;

Held the wifi button down for a bit and one of the lights flashed a bit. Xbox has now been testing the connection for at least the last 5 minutes with no change.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.