Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

facebook keeps recommending my ex gfs photos to me. grrr Watch

Announcements

hi, I dont usually go on facebook but been on a lot the last few days due to being back with family because of christmas and not really being able to go far because of the whether.

However in the right hand side where facebook recommends things, like on photo albums it says Friends' photo albums and lists a few other albums, pretty much every other page i go on comes up with my ex gf there.

Its annoying and depressing lol. I dont wanna see any photos of her, whys facebook showing my so many photos of her its like its taunting me on purpose.

I never added her as my gf on facebook, and I dont visit her profile alot so I dont know what would make facebook keep putting her there.

Because you share common "friends"

ReputationRep:
      Some call it coincidence, others call it fate...

But seriously I think they take it off the msn. I remember having someone on my msn and having no mutual friends together, then one day they were on my suggestion list. Weird.

ReputationRep:
      Lool, it's sod's law, at least you didn't have your ex's new partner everywhere too!

ReputationRep:
      It's because you have spent too much time fapping to her photos.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      hi, I dont usually go on facebook but been on a lot the last few days due to being back with family because of christmas and not really being able to go far because of the whether.

However in the right hand side where facebook recommends things, like on photo albums it says Friends' photo albums and lists a few other albums, pretty much every other page i go on comes up with my ex gf there.

Its annoying and depressing lol. I dont wanna see any photos of her, whys facebook showing my so many photos of her its like its taunting me on purpose.

I never added her as my gf on facebook, and I dont visit her profile alot so I dont know what would make facebook keep putting her there.

Hi, I dont usually go on facebook but been on a lot the last few days due to being back with family because of christmas and not really being able to go far because of the weather.

However on the right hand side of the page where recommendations are , like photo albums it says 'friends photo albums' and lists a few other albums, pretty much every other page I go on comes up with my ex girlfriend there.

It's annoying and depressing lol (?-revise usage). I don't want to see any photos of her. Why is facebook showing me so many photos of her its like it is taunting me on purpose.

I never added her as my girlfriend on facebook, and I don't visit her profile a lot so I don't know what would make facebook keep on putting her there.
      Yes, I'm very unoccupied at the moment. Your talk about facebook as though it's an actual person! Maybe you're reading too much into this. Or maybe...IT'S A SIIIIIIIIIIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
      Maybe if you removed her as a friend it would stop? Either that or if you remove her from you feed it might make you see less of her! Sometimes I hate Facebook and this is certainly one of the reasons! It always comes up with the last picture you possibly ever want to see...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Escriba)
      You talk about facebook as though it's an actual person!
      !

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by -Zephyr-)
      This happened to me as well, it's just because facebook recommends photos from friends that you've had a lot of interaction with (profile views, sending messages etc)

It sucks, I know, but it'll go away after a while.
      Facebook doesn't keep records of whose profile you've viewed. (Yes, all the "see who viewed your profile" apps are fake.)

ReputationRep:
      it happens to me too! im thinking its more you notice if his/her name comes up more than you would when others' names do.

Trsut me, No matter what things may look like, facebook is NOT out to get us :P

ReputationRep:
      Hi, I dont usually go on facebook but been on a lot the last few days due to being back with family because of christmas and not really being able to go far because of the weather.

However on the right hand side of the page where recommendations are , like photo albums it says 'friends photo albums' and lists a few other albums, pretty much every other page I go on comes up with my ex girlfriend there.

It's annoying and depressing lol (?-revise usage). I don't want to see any photos of her. Why is facebook showing me so many photos of her its like it is taunting me on purpose.

I never added her as my girlfriend on facebook, and I don't visit her profile a lot so I don't know what would make facebook keep on putting her there.
      Yes, I'm very unoccupied at the moment. Your talk about facebook as though it's an actual person! Maybe you're reading too much into this. Or maybe...IT'S A SIIIIIIIIIIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
      Do you seriously feel like a good person because of that? Sure, he made typing errors but why didn't you think to address his problem before you got up on your high horse? He came here looking for advice, not to be ridiculed.

ReputationRep:
      Grammarian, heal thyself.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)

Weather*

And, it's because you have mutual friends.

ReputationRep:
      Delete her as a friend?

ReputationRep:
      hahah, same thing with my ex.

ReputationRep:
      I used to get this too and it was really upsetting, then when it started showing pics of him and his new squeeze I had to delete him from Facebook, not worth getting worked up over for the sake of an online 'friendship'.

Alternatively, you can hide all posts from a particular user without actually deleting them. This might solve your problem but I don't know as I've never used it, it might only hide their status updates.

Facebook is getting more and more creepy and personal these days...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by -Zephyr-)
      This happened to me as well, it's just because facebook recommends photos from friends that you've had a lot of interaction with (profile views, sending messages etc)

It sucks, I know, but it'll go away after a while.
      This- plus you probably share mutual friends.

ReputationRep:

*Your talk about facebook IS AS THOUGH it's an actual person!

or

*Your talkING about facebook as though it's an actual person!

If you're going to correct grammar, make sure your own is correct, you imbecile.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JohnC2211)
      *Your talk about facebook IS AS THOUGH it's an actual person!

or

*Your talkING about facebook as though it's an actual person!

If you're going to correct grammar, make sure your own is correct, you imbecile.
      'You're', surely? Unless the sentence somehow doesn't require a predicate.

ReputationRep:

This isn't the PS help section.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.