Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Flirting can make guys attractive? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have no experience in getting girls, probably because I never really flirt with them when I talk to them (if this whole theory is true).

But girls - if you meet a guy and at first you don't seem particularly interested in them... could you find yourself more attracted to them if they started flirting a bit?

ReputationRep:
    COnfidenCe is Key.

No looks + no confidence: no girls.
    Looks + no confidence: desperate girls.
    No looks + confidence: girls who are into your character
    Looks + confidence: creme de la creme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    COnfidenCe is Key.

Is confidence an attitude that you're meant to put on or is it really something that you have to earn?

I believe I have the looks, not sure about confidence... surely it'd be stupid to try and force yourself to have confidence, yes? no?

ReputationRep:
    If a guy is openly flirting it means he has confidence, and confidence = attractive

ReputationRep:
    most girls like the guy to take control, so if you dont flirt you have a slim chance. also they will probably take the fact that your ot flirting as a sign that you dont like them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Bean)
    Is confidence an attitude that you're meant to put on or is it really something that you have to earn?

I believe I have the looks, not sure about confidence... surely it'd be stupid to try and force yourself to have confidence, yes? no?
    just make it clear that you like her, thats all it really is, feel confident within yourself and think possitively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyElizabeth)
    just make it clear that you like her, thats all it really is, feel confident within yourself and think possitively.
    Thankyou :]

ReputationRep:

If you lack confidence, then here's what you need to do.

1. Freshen yourself up, use some face wash, have one hell of a shower, and wear your best clothes. Tell yourself that you're the man.

2. Go out. Search for some hotties, ask them for directions.

3. Are they intimidating anymore? No. Exactly. They're talking to you, all you need to do is go further, make a remark about what they're wearing, ANYTHING that's suggestive. Just don't come off as a creep. SMILE!

4. Ask for the digits. Doesn't matter if you're rejected, because you've just done what ALL the men on the street didn't do - go up to a hot girl and talk to her.

You da man. No need to put pussies on pedestals. You'll find out females aren't intimidating at all once you get the hang of it.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence and flirting will make a girl realise you are interested in them. Once that's established you are half way there as you cab build on this and eventually ask her out for a drink etc. Confidence can get you noticed - even if your not the most beautiful guy in the world!

ReputationRep:
    lol, why is confidence sooo attractive? no offence girls but is this whole attraction to confidence about what i think it is..? as in...below the belt, if you know what i mean to say?

again, no intention of trolling or offending, trus.

ReputationRep:
    confidence? attractive what crackpipe are these girls smoking? I've been confident with 5-9 girls over the past 2 years and only two of them ever responded positively. Then I discovered a razor and water, my ratio of getting women improved immensely its amazing the effect that a little bit of facial hair has on a woman

ReputationRep:
    COnfidenCe is Key.

thumb up for the hidden message!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm particularly good looking, but I do have an outgoing and flirty personality. In my experience, girls love it, it really does work.

ReputationRep:
    That's the whole point of flirting. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I have no experience in getting girls, probably because I never really flirt with them when I talk to them (if this whole theory is true).

But girls - if you meet a guy and at first you don't seem particularly interested in them... could you find yourself more attracted to them if they started flirting a bit?
    Yes, sometimes. Not all the time though, I mean, if I'm not attracted to him at all, chances are I won't be. But if he's just shy and he comes out of his shell a bit, then yeah. Confident guys who flirt more are always more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    you need to be more confident and mysterious, not necessarily flirting all the time, let's put it this way, if a women can read you like a book, they won't be interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    Confident Intelligent flirting :yep:

Poor flirting which shows you're desperate :no:

ReputationRep:
    Good to see it was noticed
    lol, now that u mention it

ReputationRep:
    Just a point on this confidence makes you seem more attractive thing: yes it does but you need a baseline level of looking credible. When a guy who just doesn't look good tries to approach a girl with confidence then he will come over as a creep and a pain because the girl will want to politely disengage while he is 'confidently' pursuing her.

If you aren't blessed with great facial looks then you need to shape up the way you dress and get your body into decent condition, if a well dressed guy in decent shape approaches a girl with confidence then she's more likely to respond positively because he will have earned her respect. Girls are more clued into social signals like how people dress etc because they spend a lot of time thinking about it for themselves, they will also notice how well groomed you are (good haircut, clean shaven or purposeful stubble). They will pick up signals like "is this guy making an effort" "does he look after himself (in a non narcissistic way). People always talk about footballers and other male celebs having no problems getting girls even if they aren't the best lookers, but they are usually well dressed and styled and know how to project the vibes of being high-status.

ReputationRep:

Definitely has to be earned. Confidence in an area is a function of your perception of your competence in that area.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.