Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Cutting a long story short I'm in my final year of uni. I have no fashion sense what so ever. I usually walk around in legging & hoodies. I graduate this year & still feel like i dress like a 15 year old. I want to grow up but am majorly struggling with this transition. I'm no miss world but i feel like the way in which i present myself really holds me back.

I don't wear much make up & am rubbish with hair ect. I am really close to one of my housemates, we have the exact same characterises but when it comes to boys/meeting people ect people are drawn to her, i don't resent her but I'm so jealous & fed up of always being in her shadow. My confidence lacks sometimes, I'm not saying this is the solution to all my problems in life but i just know if i grow up a little the confidence it gives me really will improve stuff. (im a really happy person who is more that satisfied with life btw, I'm just not materialistic so stuff like this doesn't bother me but i know it has an impact on how others perceive)

I don't know what i expect of this thread but i really need help & don't know where to turn! I'm tall with a boyish figure (size 10) & pasty white, blueish green eyes & blonde hair.

Any outfit/beauty suggestions or maybe stories of anyone else who has been through this would be greatly appreciated. I really want to under go some fat image transformation . .

Thanks & Merry Christmas guys!

ReputationRep:
    dress like a homeless woman and break off a few teeth that turns me on when girls do that :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Not only your clothes are dated, see your signature.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointment of a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socks44)
    Hey guys! Cutting a long story short I'm in my final year of uni. I have no fashion sense what so ever. I usually walk around in legging & hoodies. I graduate this year & still feel like i dress like a 15 year old. I want to grow up but am majorly struggling with this transition. I'm no miss world but i feel like the way in which i present myself really holds me back.

I don't wear much make up & am rubbish with hair ect. I am really close to one of my housemates, we have the exact same characterises but when it comes to boys/meeting people ect people are drawn to her, i don't resent her but I'm so jealous & fed up of always being in her shadow. My confidence lacks sometimes, I'm not saying this is the solution to all my problems in life but i just know if i grow up a little the confidence it gives me really will improve stuff. (im a really happy person who is more that satisfied with life btw, I'm just not materialistic so stuff like this doesn't bother me but i know it has an impact on how others perceive)

I don't know what i expect of this thread but i really need help & don't know where to turn! I'm tall with a boyish figure (size 10) & pasty white, blueish green eyes & blonde hair.

Any outfit/beauty suggestions or maybe stories of anyone else who has been through this would be greatly appreciated. I really want to under go some fat image transformation . .

Thanks & Merry Christmas guys!
    Don't panic You just need to look at the lots of little things that are making you feel this way.

Bin all the clothes that you know don't flatter you. Keep your leggings - just buy a long jumper to wear over them. Look at the tall section of shops online and really think about what will suit your figure.

Look at quick hair fixes. How long is your hair? It's really easy to create girly looking styles

Experiment with make up. Go to youtube if you need some demos!

Spend an hour shaping your nails, buy one hair accessory that goes with something you wear.

I'm not entirely sure how much you feel you need to change to make yourself feel like a fresh version of you, but it can honestly be done in one afternoon Have fun!! You'll feel more confident when you feel different, and feeling confident leads to looking confident

ReputationRep:
    Have a look in fashion magazines and online to see what kind of stuff you actually like and try and work a little of that into your wardrobe. One way to look more grown up would be to swap your hoodies for some nice jumpers, maybe some basic v-necks that you can get for about £10 each in H and M. Wear them with some smartish dark jeans, some nice flat boots (since it's winter!) and a simple handbag and you'll be just as comfy as you are now, but maybe look a little more mature. You could also try to find some pretty long tops (if you've got a boyish figure, tops that nip in at the waist might make you look a little curvier) to wear over the leggings that you already have or some cardigans to go with them. Hair-wise I have no idea, I'm a wash and go kind of person but there's plenty of basic make-up tips on youtube that you would probably find useful. But yeah, just have a nosy around the January sales and try on some stuff that you like, but that is maybe a little bit out of your comfort zone.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, there was me thinking this thread was asking me to make use of my surgical expertise.

ReputationRep:
    Ok,

Since you sound like you have a decent figure, you can pretty much get away with a lot of styles.

Invest in some classic pieces, skinny jeans, black cardigan, some nice neutral blouses etc. Items that can create that fail safe look. Look at some fashion magazines, i reccomend elle. It has brilliant features on make up and hair too. For your hair, id say slightly wavy is always a good look on anyone, and its so easy to do! Just wash your hair as normal, put some frizz preventing serum in your hair whilst its still half dry, put it in a bun, and go to sleep. in the morning, take the bun out, run some more serum through your hair, and you should have an effortless wavy look!

for make up, mascara is a must, it will really draw focus to your eyes. if you have any spots or imperfections, dab on some concealer. i dont normally wear foundation, i find that it causes more skin problems than it solves, but go for it if your already wearing it. some bronzer (only light, you dont want to go orange) on your cheeks should highlight your cheek bones, and make sure your eyebrows are well groomed.

If you want anymore info, feel free to PM me, im a fashion addict

ReputationRep:
    Okay sounds like you need to start from the basics...!
    The face is probably the best way to start because even if ur in leggings and a hoodie you still look cute since you have the confidence already.

So, start from the top...
    EYEBROWS- get them plucked if they need to be (not too thin, and *NEVER* from the top!) into a nice slightly arched shape that suits your face- best to follow a guide or have in mind what shape before hand.

Makeup- Its okay whatever order u choose to do it...probably best to apply foundation first.. use mascara, eyeliner, blusher, lipgloss/stick, eyeshadow (which doesnt have to be bright but should atleat highlight the underneath of your eyebrow arch! - have an idea of what look and follow some youtube tutorials! -there good.

Hair- follow your face shape and come up with a style that suits you! If you dont like spending time on it, consider a cut? - maybe like emma watson? -well that extremely brave and ONLY if your feeling that EXTREME..if not then just go for something simple..even just straightening hair can be lovely if you do it right..right as in it suits you! think of partings..middle? side? fringe? if so..side? wispy? straight? be creative and MAKE sure it suits you! (i keep repeating)

so thats hair and makeup... CLOTHES!
    Know the shape of your body first. You say boyish? well double check that actually is your shape first..and work from there. When you shop dont go for what is IN (fashion) , go for what flatters your shape first, then consider the colour whether it looks nice on you, then if its something you like and what to buy- go for it! I advise you to buy basics first to try it out e.g. plain shirts, skirts,jeans..and make sure your learn to accesorize! dont over do it and look trashy but you want to look edgy! soo..GO FOR it! you will definately pick it up from there and become a fashion guru! okay maybe im getting abit too excited but i hope this helps anyway! should do.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could try finding things out about make up and start making slight changes. For example, the past few months i've started learning more and more about make up, and different ways to apply it, and now i've done a little bit of collecting, I think I look a bit more womanly. To help you out, maybe you could watch a few beauty channels on youtube for make up recommendations, i'd recommend FleurDeForce and SwalkerMakeUp. Both very good channels.

Also, your hair doesn't have to be anything fancy, just find a style that suits you, play around a bit.

Clothing, hmmm leggings can be still be grown up. They look fab with some smart boots and a jacket. Go for longer tops which are smart and feminine.

Thats about all I can say really

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.