The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Social Work

Hi, i'm new to this, so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place etc.

I was unsuccessful in gaining a p;ace at uni last year to study social work and have applied again this year - currently waiting to hear back. I was just wondering if there are any students out there that could give me and idea of how many hours a week you are in uni/are the terms longer - like nursing etc. I also wondered what kind of work you do in your placement in first year.

Any information would be great - thanks! x
When I was on the postgraduate course we shared most of our lectures with second year undergraduates. They were in three days a week, with two lectures a day lasting about two hours each.
Placements are obviously full-time and you usually work the same hours as the other staff there, which could include shifts/weekends.
We had shorter holidays because our first placement started the first week in the New Year, and at Faster I had about a week, but sometimes it can be negotiated. Our second placements began in September, but it varies between universities.
You should contact the places you applied to and ask them, or wait until interviews and ask then.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest