King's College (for law and other degrees) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I rang them up today and was told that i would only have to wait till the end of the month b4 i got a reply - they said if i didnt hear from them that i should ring again and ask about it.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's completely ridiculous. I'm sure that KCL is rich enough to afford the cost of a second class stamp to tell you whether you got in or not.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
That's completely ridiculous. I'm sure that KCL is rich enough to afford the cost of a second class stamp to tell you whether you got in or not.
I doubt that they said that cos they can't afford the cost of the postage....

my guess is that they're considering his application still...and want to offer him a place...but are waiting to see if they have space...many people already have offers...so i expect they'r waiting for people to turn them down before they can offer any more places....hence waiting till the end of the month.

G
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think there are between 300 and 400 places for law, which is obviously quite a large number...
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
I think there are between 300 and 400 places for law, which is obviously quite a large number...
Yeah...but according to the prospectus...16:1 applicants to places ratio

tough to get in...

G
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Yeah...but according to the prospectus...16:1 applicants to places ratio

tough to get in...

G
So you're talking about 5000 applications to process, which was my point. It's a massive department, and that's probably why it's taken quite so long!

Law is very good here, by the way.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So you're talking about 5000 applications to process, which was my point. It's a massive department, and that's probably why it's taken quite so long!

Law is very good here, by the way.
You study there!!! Cool! What was your offer and do they give any leeway for those who just miss out?? I've been trying to find out for ages...

Also....do they still give leeway if any if you put it as your back-up choice??

G
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You study there!!! Cool! What was your offer and do they give any leeway for those who just miss out?? I've been trying to find out for ages...
G
Well I study Physics with Computer Science and I came through in clearing last year because I missed every one of my offers (they were for like York, Bath and around AAA/AAB) because i messed up my A2s. I got in with BBCC in the end (not bad, but not good after getting AAAB at AS level.)
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I study Physics with Computer Science and I came through in clearing last year because I missed every one of my offers (they were for like York, Bath and around AAA/AAB) because i messed up my A2s. I got in with BBCC in the end (not bad, but not good after getting AAAB at AS level.)
What's their normal standard offer then for computer science...just so i can get some idea of how leeway they gave you

Cheers

G
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's their normal standard offer then for computer science...just so i can get some idea of how leeway they gave you

Cheers

G
Straight Computer Science is ABB/BBB I think.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Straight Computer Science is ABB/BBB I think.
Thanks for the help

G
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
I would just like to point out that i would be expecting an unconditional offer as i am already holding A-level grades of AAB + doing French to get an another A = these are the max. conditions they ask for at King's for law I believe
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
I would just like to point out that i would be expecting an unconditional offer as i am already holding A-level grades of AAB + doing French to get an another A = these are the max. conditions they ask for at King's for law I believe
I think they were citing the reason for the lateness of the reply as being the logistics because of the sheer volume of applications - i hope that if they havent replied yet that they must be looking to offer me a place and would have perhaps told the rejected applications earlier than me - WHO KNOWS?! :confused:
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
Dazmanultra- You don't happen to be Daz from OCUK are you? If so it's a small world .
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
Dazmanultra- You don't happen to be Daz from OCUK are you? If so it's a small world .
Overclockers?
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
That's exactly who I am. dazmanultra was my username over there before the big-nuke.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%
No I don't (561)
48.57%

Watched Threads