Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm looking to start an Access Course in September 2011. I want to study Business at university. I'm 20 years old. I want to know if anyone has done an Access to Business course, where you did it and if you would recommend the college?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Or any college where you did an Access course, doesn't have to be for business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samcha)
    Or any college where you did an Access course, doesn't have to be for business?

Hi Samcha
    I never did a Business Access Course as i mainly did Science a few years back.

I chose the college where i went purely on location and the reputation it had with regards to the various access pathways it offered.

My advice to you is to do some research on this, phone up or contact a few colleges where you live and ask them do there do an Recognised Access Course but in the Business Pathway.
    If they do ask to speak to someone at that particular college, who knows how the access course works and also ask them what the deadline is for that particular course/applicationwise.
    Also ask them to send you some information on the relevant pathway and application form.
    If you wish to get on a Access Course for 2011 some access applicants have applied before December 2010.
    As they are all highly competitive to get onto as i am sure Samcha you are already aware of.
    You might be lucky to get onto one, so i suggest you contact the relevant colleges asap after the xmas break and start making enquiries

ReputationRep:
    Thank you wizardtop for all your information. I'm hoping there are places left and i've already applied to a couple.

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that most people would just go to their local college for the course?

Anyway, I go to City of Bristol College and this year subjects offered were

Business Studies, English Literature, Geography, Sociology, History, Higher Maths, Statistics, Psychology

I currently take Business, Higher Maths and Statistics so a pretty good option if you wanted to go on to study Business at uni.

Good college, good teaching standards, nice city. If i had to chose a bad point would say the class sizes are a bit too big, other than that i really enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Josh. I currently live in Cyprus, hoping to relocate back to the UK. That's why i have the option of which colleges i apply to. Thanks for your information, i'll look into it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.