Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What sci-fi series do you think the future will be most like? Watch

• View Poll Results: What sci-fi series do you think our future will be most like?
    Star Wars
    9.52%
    Star Trek
    23.81%
    Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe
    14.29%
    Doctor Who
    19.05%
    Battlestar Galactica
    0%
    Other
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    discuss

ReputationRep:
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Given modern physics is moving more and more into the realms of the surreal, so the world it tries to describe ought to be surreal.

ReputationRep:
    Babylon 5

ReputationRep:
    Firefly.

Stargate

ReputationRep:
      Battlestar Galactica.

Bears.
      Beets.
      Battlestar Galactica.

(Original post by DJKL)
        The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
        I would love to live in that sort of a universe. :moon:

ReputationRep:
        The future will most likely turn into Patrick Stewart searching the universe for new interesting things to talk to.

ReputationRep:
        Babylon 5 and Firefly are both better suggestions than anything in the initial list.

ReputationRep:
        Lost.

ReputationRep:
        for a start star wars is set in the past not the future.

And as for what it will be like, any sci-fi where mankind strip mines every planet, consumes the recources, make war and either enslave or exterminate sentient spieces less advanced than ours, hunts other creatures to extinction and pollutes the worlds we touch, burn the flora and then turn diplomatic when we go up against a race that would blast us back to the stone age, because i think thats exactly what we will do.

So possibly the warhammer 40k universe

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by concubine)
        Babylon 5 and Firefly are both better suggestions than anything in the initial list.
        Yeah I think I'm going to agree with the Firefly suggestion. The future is going to be as dusty and unreliable as always, just with a further reach of humanity (hopefully :P).

ReputationRep:
        i'm gna second the firefly comment, it's the most realistic tbf (if you can describe the future that way) and firefly is AWESOME.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.