Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to understand the key differences here. I've got to answer 'In what important respects does neo-liberalism address the weaknesses of liberalism?' so any help would be great... especially if you could point out faults/weaknesses of liberalism aswell!

ReputationRep:
    hey,

I'm having the same problem my friend. I saw your post on another thread and I'm taking this module as a subsidiary too.
    I've added you on facebook, hopefully we can help each other out

ReputationRep:
    they're both bull****

the 'neo' is like stuffing a buttplug up an ass spewing bloody diarrhea

ReputationRep:
    Liberalism is a whole political philosophy whereas Neo-Liberalism is a purely economic strand of thought.

Classical Liberalism would agree with Neo-Liberalism.

The main proponents of Neo-Liberal thought are Robert Nozick and Milton Friedman. In terms of policy makers Thatcher and Reagan are the main ones.

ReputationRep:
    I think Neo-liberalism is capitalism without much intervention/control by the state. Little taxes. Pure economic freedom, with the biggest benefit being that anyone can become rich no matter what your background.

Liberalism I'm not really sure about. I think political (as opposed to the economic of neo-liberalism) freedom.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.