Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Better results when i make no effort? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This isn't something that bothers me, just something I'm curious as to why...

Why is it that when I have no intentions of pulling a girl on a night out (for example, because I've got to be up early next day/tired/lads night out etc), I end up attracting far more girls. It seems that nights where I make no effort at all I'm more likely to end up with a girl.

Is it just because girls like a guy who doesn't appear desperate?*

EDIT *not that I normally am desperate

ReputationRep:
    Its better to wait for someone when you least expect it. This way, its special.

ReputationRep:
    why would we know?

ReputationRep:
    You want to do psychology, so you obviously read minds :: D

Last girl who liked me was when I wasn't looking for a girlfriend; at this time there were 2 girls who liked me simultaneously. This was 2 years ago. Ever since, I've been trying to find a girlfriend and not one single girl has liked me in 2 years; yet I am often referred to as 'cute', and I have lots of friends so my personality probably can't be too far amiss.

So yes. I think girls are able to tell subconsciously when a guy is trying, even though they don't know it.

ReputationRep:
    because you're a lyer? but if thats the case then well done or congratulations :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    why would we know?
    Not expecting anyone to know, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    It's because the girls think they're so hot, they want to approach you to find out why you haven't made a move.

Then when you build the confidence to make a move.

They can reject you, and suck up that confidence as an ego boost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    because you're a lyer? but if thats the case then well done or congratulations :confused:
    Why would I lie? Seems like an odd thing to lie about, was just chilling listening to music and the thought came into my head, it puzzled me

ReputationRep:
    Why are you referring to Raoul Moat in your username OP you scragpot.

ReputationRep:
    yea I personally am attracted to guys that ignore girls because I ignore guys too, especially if im attracted to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Why are you referring to Raoul Moat in your username OP you scragpot.
    haha googled scragpot, "Scragpot is a pirate currently sailing on the Sage Ocean. He is a fleet officer of the crew Amaranthine Illusion."

I saw the username on someone's fantasy football team name and thought it was funny, so i nicked it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    This isn't something that bothers me, just something I'm curious as to why...

Why is it that when I have no intentions of pulling a girl on a night out (for example, because I've got to be up early next day/tired/lads night out etc), I end up attracting far more girls. It seems that nights where I make no effort at all I'm more likely to end up with a girl.

Is it just because girls like a guy who doesn't appear desperate?*

EDIT *not that I normally am desperate
    The less successful that a guy is in pulling the more his apprehension builds that he will fail the next time, so he works harder at it. He is often seen by the ladies as insecure and exuding a lack of self confidence. The ladies may see this individuals approach almost as a confrontation rather than ‘I would like to know you’ experience.

Guys that are happy with themselves are seen as the easygoing and confident, ‘don’t give a ****’ types that seem to grab the ladies attention. The ladies often see this individual as someone that could be fun to know and be with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.